• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to save £100 a year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
    I used to reverse park, on the basis that a little extra work done now made it easier to leave later.

Then I worked out it made no sense.

The average ease of parking/leaving is not affected by whether you reverse park or not, either way you have to go into narrow space once and out once, and drive forward once and backward once, but reverse parking makes things worse by the alternative metric of the maximum of complexity, since you combine the two more difficult operations, reversing and going into the confined space.
    It's easier reversing into a space because cars are steered from the front, making the back more manouverable, and because getting out is an inverse opertion of getting in, getting out will be easier too! Next.
    Last edited by TimberWolf; 31 July 2008, 05:58.

Comment

I always reverse in to a parking space so that I can make a quick getaway!!!!

Comment

I hate to make a splash, so I'm always slow and careful when backing one out
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
        X