• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I going the right way? #2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turn workstation on: You switch the workstation on, you are greeted with a message which reads: 'Please enter password'.

Comment

Put on Womens underwear that are in cabinet drawer
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        turn workstation on: You switch the workstation on, you are greeted with a message which reads: 'Please enter password'.
        Type "password". press enter.

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

type "billgatesisatwatwhostolemyideas" press enter
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Type "password". press enter: You type 'password' and hit Enter, the workstation boots up into X Windows, a Terminal window appears.

<aside: damn - thought you'd try all sorts of pwds before typing 'password'! Ruprect - you think too alike.</aside>

Comment

examine workstation for drives

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

examine workstation for drives: There are two local drives ('HD' and 'Removable') and a network drive entitled 'My NWO'.

Comment

OK - check terminal for USB drive port. If available, plug in USB drive. Browse to USB drive (mount drive if necessary )
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

use silver disc in drive.
                    if it doesnt auto start dir or ls it.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

check terminal for USB drive port. If available, plug in USB drive. Browse to USB drive: You place the USB flash drive into a spare port and mount the drive. Available drives are now: 'HD', 'Removable', 'My NWO' and 'Readme'.

Comment

Working...
                      X