• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who orchestrates the media?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post

The contractor beside me who left a month ago got another one within a week. I'm still getting several calls a week and I don't even have my CV online anywhere. The shops are rammed, have yuo seen the travel agents? Not a seat to be had, standing room only. I still can't get a Nintendo Wii Fit in the shops for love nor money, they sell out in minutes. Several huge residential construction projects in my home town are still merrily continuing. Houses are sill being sold in my street.

I blame the government.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I blame the government.
      If the govt/media are trynig to scare you about something, it means they want to pass some laws which you wouldn't stomache otherwise.

e.g.
      VED doubling on older cars = they want to 'fall back' to Road Pricing, hoping it seems the lesser of two evils. You'd never agree to Road Pricing on its own
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Of course, "this time it's different"
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Of course, "this time it's different"
          You aren't going to cry when it's not a recession?

Comment

You aren't going to cry when it's not a recession?
            I think a purging of excess is in order so the world can return back to normality. But I don't care either way as I am sorted.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think a purging of excess is in order so the world can return back to normality. But I don't care either way as I am sorted.
              And we disagree on the severity of this 'correction' - I think it'll be merely a trimming of luxury goods and amounts of credit, you seem to think it'll be 3 million on the dole etc.

We'll have to wait and see.

I can't help but get the impression you are relishing the prospect of a bad recession simply because you are sorted, and you want to laugh at those who didn't have the foresight to be sorted like you. If this is unfair, I apologise, but that's how it comes across.

Comment

And we disagree on the severity of this 'correction' - I think it'll be merely a trimming of luxury goods and amounts of credit, you seem to think it'll be 3 million on the dole etc.

We'll have to wait and see.

I can't help but get the impression you are relishing the prospect of a bad recession simply because you are sorted, and you want to laugh at those who didn't have the foresight to be sorted like you. If this is unfair, I apologise, but that's how it comes across.
                Yes, think of the children.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Yes, think of the children.
                  That's what got Gary Glitter in trouble.

Comment

I can't help but get the impression you are relishing the prospect of a bad recession simply because you are sorted, and you want to laugh at those who didn't have the foresight to be sorted like you.
                    want to buy up loads of luvverly cheap assets.
                    HTH
                    Last edited by sasguru; 22 July 2008, 14:47.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

want to buy up loads of luvverly cheap assets.
                      HTH
                      Do you consider vehicles assets? Does this mean an upgrade from the Aygo is imminent?

Comment

Working...
                      X