• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    All the gear and no idea. tay that doesn't surprise me
    Bugger off... I have all the ideas... none of the ability.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Revealing. So in summary you have no sporting capability at all or any clue about golf and are scared that your missus will shack up with the postman if you spend sunday with your 'mates'.
      Revealing. So in summary you think you have sporting ability and think you know about golf. You and your missus don't have much in common these days.

P.S. I don't have a missus. She shacked up with the postman while I was playing golf

Comment

If I wanted to put a small ball in a small hole a long way away with completely inappropriate tools....I'd pick more interesting inappropriate tools than what is essentially a stick with a knob at each end...
        B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave.Mac View Post
          Cheers for the sensible replies. Cheers for the sarcastic comments.
          You're welcome DM
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            Revealing. So in summary you think you have sporting ability and think you know about golf.
            Pretty close actually

Comment

Originally posted by Dave.Mac View Post
              Any golfers? I'm thinking about taking it up. Pro's and Con's please.

I've been playing on and off for a few years, I'm not very good, you need to play a lot to get good or have some natural talent. It's very
              Enjoyable when you start to get the hang of it/ see improvement. But then
              Just when you think you have it sussed it all falls apart again.
              Unlike most sports the have a ball it doesn't depend on hand eye coordination,a blind person could be taught to hit the ball well. Therefore you could be sheet at most sports but good at golf. Golf is technique, if you get that right you should always hit the ball well.

Brilliant game, and these days you don't have to dress like Des o'Connor or join a snooty club. There are loads of good pay and play courses all over the country and you can get basic equipment for around £100. There is no point buying good stuff when you can't play.

If you fancy a go, take a few lessons with a golf pro (around £30 for half an hour), learn how to hit with an iron and have a game on a 9 hole.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Remember, trees are 80% air.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  .. The list is endless, ..
                  and so's the waiting list in many clubs. For example, I heard the Royal Wimbledon Golf club has a waiting list of 20+ years!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

No beginner is going to be allowed anywhere near a top course. There are plenty of good public or pay and play courses though
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

& Crazy Golf too
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X