• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian support centres

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    You too? Never did figure that one out.
    There were loads of posts about this issue on their forums, with similar stories of getting the runaround from support. It was pretty obvious (to me anyway) that it was a fault with the box, and I eventually got them to send me a replacement which solved the problem.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

BT = Brilliant No trouble at all and excellent service
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Tesco are pretty good. HTH.

Comment

I'm on O2....... excellent !! Also get a discount because I have an O2 mobile phone. 7.50 pounds a month !!

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
            I am so fuming at my ISP. I have been having such a cr*p service from them of late and I am sick to death of calling their Bombay call centre for tech support.

I started with a 1MB line 4 weeks ago and the speed actually went down to 60kbps. They still have not resolved the issue even after upgrading to 2MB. I have a BT engineer coming to me on monday.

They have said that I may only be able to get a good speed by going to 8MB but this will take 2 weeks and I will have to put up with the speed until then!!!

I am fuming!!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!

I am thinking of chaning to a UK based outfit!!
            I really do recommend ADSL24 .. very fast, no "fair use policy", generous limits, great support. UK based

Comment

Force9 (now Plusnet.... (now BT) )

Been with them years, very good service, very few outages.

Bit of a hiccup with email a while ago but all sorted now.
              Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
              "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
              Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                Be* are in Eastern Europe – half way back. They have their dodgy moments now and again, but far better than stinking pile of excrement I was with before: C&W.
                Haha - I am on a WAN project going to C&W with over 400 sites. Oh, Joy....

Comment

I am still fuming about their customer support but the problem now seems to be rectified.

I sent a couple of emails complaining and also managed to speak to someone in the UK by phoning their head office in the UK. Whatever, it seemed to put the wind up their techies and I seemed to get non-stop attention and only spoke to guys in Bombay that could speak excellent English!

The problem was not the ISP after all - it was my modem!! The ISP arranged for BT to come out to check the line. When the engineer visited, he was a good guy and did way more to help then he should have!! We came to the conclusion that the line was fine and the router ws slow in processing any traffic (despite me having carried out a firmware upgrade). I changed the router to a newer fatser one (Belkin to Netgear) and voila - full speed restored. I now get 1.9M on a 2M line.

In fairness, once the ISP found out it was the router they sent a new one in the post (FOC) but I will keep that as a spare. I just wish they had handled it like that from the start without all this hassle! I will stick with them for now but if i get another problem I will change straight away so thanks for the tips.

Comment

Originally posted by dinker View Post
                    The best ISP in the country is Zen, expensive but they speak English!
                    WHS

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                      WHS
                      "English"? If you can call being from the parts of Rochdale that they are from "English".

i was with them for 3mths and cancelled as i had several issues with them. i nearly resorted to calling at their office on my way home and kicking off.
                      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
                      X