• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I were Prime Minister....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

Eh? I bet there are loads more private sector pensioners on 190k a year than public sector ones - and you ignore the wage disparity which you'd presumably adjust?

At least private sector pensions are created by wealth generation. Public sector pensions are created by screwing the taxpayer !!

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
      Ok then I will.

I've come to the conclusion you must either live out in the sticks and never come into contact with real people, or you are agroaphobic and avoid it.
      Nice one. Start with an insult.

The youth of today have no respect for teachers, parents, police, laws. The one place they can gain this is in school, getting an education, and being taught respect.
      Home? Don't know about you but I wouldn't have a hell of a lot of respect for anyone who belted me with a cane.

I'm all for teachers being given a bit of power to give the naughty kids a punishment (and no, I'm not talking about stripping them naked and beating them black and blue)
      You can download that sort of stuff apparently.

I actually attended school during the 80s myself
      1880's or 1980's?

tell me a better way if you think 'pysically assaulting children' is not the answer here
      Educating them about treating each other with equality and respect (you know all those ridiculous PC type things) and not that you exert your physical dominance over someone to subjugate their will to do what you want. Gradually, as is happening in society this dissipates (eg my Middle Class parents, as most of their generation are, are mildly racist and homophobic by today's standards but that was the norm for their generation).

It's called progress.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        Nice one. Start with an insult.

Home? Don't know about you but I wouldn't have a hell of a lot of respect for anyone who belted me with a cane.

You can download that sort of stuff apparently.

1880's or 1980's?

Educating them about treating each other with equality and respect (you know all those ridiculous PC type things) and not that you exert your physical dominance over someone to subjugate their will to do what you want. Gradually, as is happening in society this dissipates (eg my Middle Class parents, as most of their generation are, are mildly racist and homophobic by today's standards but that was the norm for their generation).

It's called progress.

1. It wasn't meant as an insult, but I don't think you know or understand the extent of the problem.

2. Don't be a bad boy and you won't ever have the inconvenience of being put in this position.

3. Irrelevant to the convo.

4. 1980s (without the incorrect apostraphae).

5. Well that approach is clearly not working, sitting with a chav/hoodie and asking them not to hang out on streets, drink alcohol, mug people, knife people, shoot people, sell drugs, rob, rape.. (the list goes on...) is never going to work, as it's been bred into them since birth. Sometimes the fact that punishment is there acts as enough deterrent. Do you think that if they brought back the death penalty for murder, the rate of murder convictions would drop? I do, but we're not asking to kill anyone here, only stopping them through fear right?
        The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

The Death Penalty and controlling the masses through fear?

F*** Me! What sort of disturbed utopian view's going on in your head?

<Alf backs away slowly, gently opens the door and runs like hell>

Comment

Sterilization It's the only way to go.

Breed the lazy thieving and perverted F###ers out of the human race.
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Erm, it's called looking out the window, seeing what's going on in society, and thinking of a workable solution.

When you become the victim of a crime yourself one day you may think 'disturbed utopian' too.
              The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Sorry Alf, Chris79 gets my vote

Comment

Yes you do post a lot of links from the Telegraph and the Express so that's not overly surprising. I look forward to the next one on how Eastern European homosexuals should be kept in line with thumbscrews and banned from breathing 'our' air.

Comment

Yes you do post a lot of links from the Telegraph and the Express so that's not overly surprising. I look forward to the next one on how Eastern European homosexuals should be kept in line with thumbscrews and banned from breathing 'our' air.
                    Gets my vote

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                      Vote For Me:

1. Join the Euro
                      2. Severe restriction on immigration from outside EU
                      3. Decimate the quangocracy
                      4. Abolish VAT
                      5. Increase forces budget
                      You were doing so well until you got to 1.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X