• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We're in a recession!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    That door usually slams tightly shut just before the one for contractors starts to close. I'd also be careful, some places will take you on as a permie but then treat you as a cut price contractor and you'll be out the door just as quickly when the axe starts to fall. I remember one mate thinking he'd pulled a blinder by jumping ship just in time and being given the flick from his permie job 3 months in.
    Ok, better get my Subway franchise application in then. There are a couple of shops free on my high street thanks to the recession.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      El Gordo would have done well to read this summarised passage:
      Right down hist street, he's got a PhD in history, plus I think is religious.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
        Ok, better get my Subway franchise application in then. There are a couple of shops free on my high street thanks to the recession.
        This might be a beter franchise.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          I think is religious.
          Oh good. It means he does not have to listen to the electorate. he can listen to "god" instead.

Comment

Similar in my neck of the woods ! I noticed on Saturday that the 'Dogburger' man had shut up shop after faithfully looking after pisspots on Saturday night for 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              I actually know a MUCH better franchise I have researched which hasn't been milked in the UK yet. Just not telling as it's my Plan B.

Comment

I actually know a MUCH better franchise I have researched which hasn't been milked in the UK yet. Just not telling as it's my Plan B.
                That'll be tacos then.
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Male prostitution is illegal too you know!
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Male prostitution is illegal too you know!
                    Oh bugger!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                      That is probably a good idea

Comment

Working...
                      X