• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    What makes you think it can't happen again?
    I know the answer to this one!

"because it's different this time"™ :yay

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Hardly a job if it is unpaid?
      Cup is always half empty to you! Its a step on the ladder!

Comment

I am pleased my pensions adviser kept me in cash. A little while and there could be some great equity bargains about.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
          Not that it can't, I just don't think it will. The last recession was caused by the death of old style manufacturing. Unless we're witnessing the death of whatever portfolio of industries makes up the UK economy this time round (banking? perhaps?) then I don't think it'll happen. I'm sure we're in for a decline of growth, but not full scale recession. I can imaqgine armies of DHSS scroungers being laid off from their fortnightly walk to the dole office.

In any case, what i think won't change the outcome, so there's no point thinking doom and gloom. Make hay while the sun shines.
          Bollux. Do some research.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Not that it can't, I just don't think it will.
            I think it's here already. I was at a party on Saturday and there was lots of discussion about it and across quite a broad spectrum of people and work backgrounds it was clear that people have just started to lose their jobs. For some reason our game seems to be OK but I think it's only a matter of time. We've had a credit boom, the taps have been turned off and it's now time for the bust.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
              We've had a credit boom, the taps have been turned off and it's now time for the bust.
              And all the downtalking is just exacerbating it.
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

And all the downtalking is just exacerbating it.
                Your point being? Are you really that naive?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Bollux. Do some research.
                  You too, look up the difference between a recession and a Growth Recession.

Comment

You too, look up the difference between a recession and a Growth Recession.
                    Big Yin, play nicely. Put your handbag away.

Comment

Your point being? Are you really that naive?
                      God, it must be great to be you. Whether you 'know about it' beforehand or not will make not one jot of difference to how it affects you.

Comment

Working...
                      X