• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in New Zealand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Get married?
    One of the family would not go along with that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      One of the family would not go along with that idea.
      Sorry, your are mullered, as boys from the north like to say.

Comment

Sorry, your are mullered, as boys from the north like to say.
        I'm afraid so. Time to emigrate? Too late.

Comment

Thanks Lucy, I would head for Auckland, not as windy or rainy as Wellington and a bit more sub tropical.

In your experience how long did it take you to find a job and get the visa (assuming you are not a Kiwi) to actually start working? With my skill set I was thinking about 2 months? I believe it to be a relatively quick process (getting the WTR visa).

Yes I´ve heard it can be isolated and far away but I don´t perceive that to be a big issue. OZ is not too far away either so that could always be a later option.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyBlue View Post
            Thanks Lucy, I would head for Auckland, not as windy or rainy as Wellington and a bit more sub tropical.

In your experience how long did it take you to find a job and get the visa (assuming you are not a Kiwi) to actually start working? With my skill set I was thinking about 2 months? I believe it to be a relatively quick process (getting the WTR visa).

Yes I´ve heard it can be isolated and far away but I don´t perceive that to be a big issue. OZ is not too far away either so that could always be a later option.
            Sorry I don't know anything about the visa, I have an oz passport.
            http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/ try this.

I got work within about four weeks, I wasn't trying very hard though
            (as usual)

Comment

Sorry I don't know anything about the visa, I have an oz passport
              Acquired via residency !?

Do you know if there is any potential problem with an expired Oz passport acquired via residency. Can't be bothered renewing it as I won't be likely to use it for a good while. I assume the citizenship lasts forever but !?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                Acquired via residency !?

Do you know if there is any potential problem with an expired Oz passport acquired via residency. Can't be bothered renewing it as I won't be likely to use it for a good while. I assume the citizenship lasts forever but !?
                Australian father

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  not to mention, Crunchies, they just don't taste the same...
                  Jafa is the Wellingtonian's term of endearment for Aucklanders.

"Just another f*(k'n Aucklander"

Comment

Working...
                  X