• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Amy Winehouse pretty?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's a horror plain and simple. As for looks, given her past, even if she had any I wouldn't go anywhere near her
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

She's an addict, and some of the comments in this thread are deeply ignorant of that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
        She's an addict, and some of the comments in this thread are deeply ignorant of that fact.
        I'm not ignorant of the fact, I just don't care.

HTH
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

And whoose choice was it to go down that path? Nobody forced her into drug addiction. The question was is she pretty? No. perhaps it is down to the drugs, but the fact remains she is not pretty - not even close.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I have always struggled to find any sympathy for drug addicts.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              And whoose choice was it to go down that path? Nobody forced her into drug addiction. The question was is she pretty? No. perhaps it is down to the drugs, but the fact remains she is not pretty - not even close.
              It's not that straight forward anyone who uses drugs (nicotine and alcohol included) never do it thinking they will become addicted.

She is someone's daughter, though. Pretty or not, have some compassion or at least understand how powerful addiction is, and nomatter what she might have materially, or talent-wise, it's not enough to stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                I have always struggled to find any sympathy for drug addicts.
                Empathy even?

Another human-being with flaws and making not very wise choices. We've all done that.

Comment

Pretty??

Pretty ugly....
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

It's not that straight forward anyone who uses drugs (nicotine and alcohol included) never do it thinking they will become addicted.

She is someone's daughter, though. Pretty or not, have some compassion or at least understand how powerful addiction is, and nomatter what she might have materially, or talent-wise, it's not enough to stop it.
                    and she also has the resources to get help and fix it. I have more comapssion for somebody hooked on drugs who hasn't got a pot to pi55 in than a multi millionaire who could easily afford any treatment if she wanted it. Also, her drug addiction has also helped her get where she is today. How many 'Troubled Amy Whinehose' stories have their been? Do you offer the same sympathy to Pete Doherty?

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                      and she also has the resources to get help and fix it. I have more comapssion for somebody hooked on drugs who hasn't got a pot to pi55 in than a multi millionaire who could easily afford any treatment if she wanted it. Also, her drug addiction has also helped her get where she is today. How many 'Troubled Amy Whinehose' stories have their been? Do you offer the same sympathy to Pete Doherty?

Addiction by nature means she doesn't think she needs help. FFS how could she see herself in the mirror, if she was 'sane' and not recognise there is something deeply wrong.

It's nothing to do with resources.

The media isn't helping, I somehow think her record company and her dodgy father are too busy counting the cash to care too much.

http://www.ukna.org/ this probably explains it better than I can.

And I hope one day Tony someone near you is not devstated by drugs/alcohol/gambling etc etc etc

Comment

Working...
                      X