• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Desperate EA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Oh genius!

1. I already have slightly more than the indices suggest prices have fallen.
    2. It didn't help.
    The problem lots of people are facing is the risk of 'chasing the market down'. Lots of small drops as the maeket falls. Might be better to put a bigger drop in now, providing you can get a new place for a similar discount (if that's your plan). Anyway, it's a difficult position and a difficult decision, so best of luck.

Comment

Are you still unemployed, Unemployed? (And I mean that in a nice way, not a mean-spirited way).

Comment

Oh FFS

I already did that - and yes I have a postcode. Who appointed you my property expert?
        Did you know you ought to lower the price of your property?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Are you still unemployed, Unemployed? (And I mean that in a nice way, not a mean-spirited way).
          soon to be working for shell as a tanker driver

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
            soon to be working for shell as a tanker driver
            Congrats - got your increase as well. Say hi to sockpuppet if you see him.

Comment

Oh FFS

I already did that - and yes I have a postcode. Who appointed you my property expert?
              We're all property experts here, and by asking your question you appointed us by default

P.S. I recommend you drop your selling price further.

Comment

Have you tried dropping the price?
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Lemming mentality

Price is immaterial. What counts is the UK house buyer mentality. They always fall into the trap of rising/falling prices, ie when prices are going up fast, they hurry to buy so that they don't miss out and when prices start falling, they wait until they fall even more - not really knowing the reasons why. My guess is that there is NOT going to be a wholesale collapse of the market, however newbies that bought from new in a 20-floor/100 flat block are going to pay the price. Serious investors in good central locations will not suffer much.
                  In any case, whether it's shares/property/other investment my experience with working with some of the best traders
                  tells me that you should do the opposite of what the market does: buy when others are selling and sell when others are buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
                    ...you should do the opposite of what the market does: buy when others are selling and sell when others are buying.
                    What if everyone does that though

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
                      We're all property experts here, and by asking your question you appointed us by default

P.S. I recommend you drop your selling price further.
                      That's all fair comment except for one thing.

I didn't ask a question.

Comment

Working...
                      X