• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Harman at it again.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    I'm not relying on a state-funded pension for my retirement, are you?

That may well be the case, or not, I would like to have the choice, not be forced to pay for it.

BTW my parents paid for my education.
    You will be relying on others (as you do now) for plenty of other general infrastructural provision though. The idea that you can personally hypothecate your tax is nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
      I've never understood that, what's the point of having cake if you're not going to eat it? Of course you'd do both.

Let me just clear that up:
      You can't have your cake and eat it.

Have refers to the possesive, so if you eat your cake, you no longer have it do you?
      That saying does tend to confuse a lot of the more, challenged, members of society.
      Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
        Let me just clear that up:
        You can't have your cake and eat it.

Have refers to the possesive, so if you eat your cake, you no longer have it do you?
        That saying does tend to confuse a lot of the more, challenged, members of society.
        ok well explain this then. 'You can't have your car and drive it'

doesn't make sense does it ?

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          ok well explain this then. 'You can't have your car and drive it'

doesn't make sense does it ?

Car doesn't disappear when you use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
            Car doesn't disappear when you use it.
            You've not met my wife have you

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Dodgy I agree 100% - just to be clear, I'm far from sure Harperson is right about this, but seeing some of the antediluvian views expressed here it would seem we have a way to go. As usual this many government thinks the answer is making another manky law, which it isn't.
              And as usual this government sees people only as cogs in their machine.

What about the white man who is passed over because of his race and gender, how is he supposed to feel? That it's only fair?

Yes, the women, and the black and asian men, are still often victims of unfair discrimination. I fail to see how adding more unfair discrimination will make this right. It is treating all people as numbers, not as individual people.

Comment

Working...
              X