• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am so cross!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    It wasn't me!

Last year some knob prised my filler door off removed the petrol cap and left a nice scratch down the side of the car. I expect more of this now petrol has become very valuable.

Any proper theif would have know it was easier to cut the fuel line. Still hopefully they got a mouth full of Petrol!
    Does the filler cap open with the main key? If so, they may have taken it to make a copy, and come back later for the rest of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      ... whilst I was turning into a car park...

What is it about soft squidgy pedestrians that make them think they should have right of way
      Probably the Highway Code in that instance.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Probably the Highway Code in that instance.
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          Does the filler cap open with the main key? If so, they may have taken it to make a copy, and come back later for the rest of the car.
          No, it was only locked by the central locking on the now missing flap, it's only my work car, but it's a bit of an open invitation at today's prices
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

No, it was only locked by the central locking on the now missing flap, it's only my work car, but it's a bit of an open invitation at today's prices
            What is 'work car'? Are you a mini-cab driver?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
              What is 'work car'? Are you a mini-cab driver?

It's the car I turn up to work in, my beater, saves my good car getting beat up. Have you seen the condition of the average car in the South East? Some are even minus their wing mirrors and filler caps
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It's the car I turn up to work in, my beater, saves my good car getting beat up. Have you seen the condition of the average car in the South East? Some are even minus their wing mirrors and filler caps
                I wondered what that Reliant Robin was doing outside all night.

Comment

Yeah, I had to take the R8 into Windsor yesterday evening for just that reason!

Btw, those elevated crossing/speed bumps on the main high street are a bastard!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                    I wondered what that Reliant Robin was doing outside all night.
                    Maybe your bf is David Jason?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Yeah, I had to take the R8 into Windsor yesterday evening for just that reason!

Btw, those elevated crossing/speed bumps on the main high street are a bastard!
                      What colour is it churchy?

Comment

Working...
                      X