• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newsnight - Mugabe says only God can remove him

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    According to Cpt MacMillan (COD4)

"Remember, take into account variable humidity and wind speed along the bullets flight path. At this distance, you also have to take the Coriolis effect into account."
    Wasn't there a UK sniper in Afghanistan who targeted a Taliban bad guy at some incredible distance, two miles or something, had to aim two feet up and to the left of the guy's head, and drilled him right between the eyes. Awesome if true

Comment

Mugabes got a big head though, at least two feet across, imo , which makes it a much easier shot.
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
        Wasn't there a UK sniper in Afghanistan who targeted a Taliban bad guy at some incredible distance, two miles or something, had to aim two feet up and to the left of the guy's head, and drilled him right between the eyes. Awesome if true
        I've seen a sniper take out a 6in metal square at about 1.5 miles - Firepower demo at Warminster. Awesome shot as the weather was pretty crap, but I can believe 2 miles is possible.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper#Range

a two-man sniper team of the Royal Marines, armed with L96 sniper rifles each killed targets at a range of about 860 metres (941 yd) with shots that, due to strong wind, had to be “fire[d] exactly 17 meters (56 ft) to the left of the target for the bullet to bend in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            All we need now is a volunteer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
              All we need now is a volunteer.
              With incredible skill behind a rifle. That kind of narrows it down to military men. I'd happily train for this task though.

Comment

I vote for piano wire + lamp post with an electric cattle prod to the bollox.

As far as I'm concerned the old b@stard is positive proof that there is no God.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                  With incredible skill behind a rifle. That kind of narrows it down to military men. I'd happily train for this task though.
                  My weapon of choice would be a laser designator and an F-15 at 36,000ft.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    My weapon of choice would be a laser designator and an F-15 at 36,000ft.
                    Take off, and nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
                    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Invite him over

We should send him an invitation to come over and watch the much-publicised concert for Nelson Mandela, who along with the rest of SA has remained tight-lipped about the blatant massacres taking part in former Rhodesia.
                      Is it because the perpetrators are not white?

Comment

Working...
                      X