• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Simon Mann

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Oh I see this was a Coup masterminded by the United Nations. Excuse me my ignorance (here's Lucy) I thought it was some opportunistic mercenaries who wanted to plunder the resources.
    Only if you read the Independent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      Only if you read the Independent.
      Wheras you know about the Humanitarianist side of Mark thatcher
      Welcome to Lucy land, where the moon is made of cheese
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        So EG is a tuliphole. We knew that. But don't tell me that this set of buffoons were doing it to save the poor benighted people. All they cared about was putting in a regime that would allow them to plunder. I suspect if it was worse than the current one that would not bother them one little bit.

Every regime plunders to some extent. I don't think it would have been possible for the replacement regime to have been worse than the existing one.
        But OK, let's raise it with the UN, no worries, they'll sort it.
        Bored.

Comment

Wheras you know about the Humanitarianist side of Mark thatcher
          Welcome to Lucy land, where the moon is made of cheese

Where have I ever said that?

Welcome to bagpuss land where his head is made of cheese.

Comment

Where have I ever said that?

Welcome to bagpuss land where his head is made of cheese.
            As usual Lucy, you are defending the indefensible.

1/ These guys were mercenaries acting unilaterally
            2/ they were doing this for money, people like this will quite happily swap sides for money

3/ They knew the risks

The only thing I am sorry for, is the fact MT did not stand trial.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Indeed. The idea of him rotting in an EG prison would have given me great pleasure.
              So to answer your question ace, no I don't give a crap about Simon Mann.
              Last edited by sasguru; 19 June 2008, 12:41.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

As usual Lucy, you are defending the indefensible.

1/ These guys were mercenaries acting unilaterally
                2/ they were doing this for money, people like this will quite happily swap sides for money

3/ They knew the risks

As usual?

EG is a filthy regime who need to be taken out. If the same thing was happening in Zimbabwe no-one would bat an eyelid. EG just isn't in the media as much. The whole BBC 'Africa is a great place' bs.

Yes they were mercenaries, they had the backing of several governments and the UK knew about what was going on too.

Please leave the politics to people who understand it and go back to your abacus or whatever it is you play with.

Comment

As usual?

EG is a filthy regime who need to be taken out. If the same thing was happening in Zimbabwe no-one would bat an eyelid. EG just isn't in the media as much. The whole BBC 'Africa is a great place' bs.

Yes they were mercenaries, they had the backing of several governments and the UK knew about what was going on too.

Please leave the politics to people who understand it and go back to your abacus or whatever it is you play with.
                  Facts, I deal in facts dear. Not Rapturist fantasy.

Care to list the governments?

Comment

Wasn't it you who wanted to free Tibet?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

And remind me what that "charidee" was you wanted us to give money to?

Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X