• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK doomed in long run

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Excellent article (and book) - seems to be a rehash of what any sensible person has been saying for years. The Apprentice with it's thick as pig-tulip "business people" summarises what's going on.

Now that's wot I'm talkin' about!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Now that's wot I'm talkin' about!
      Aaaaah-ah Aaaaah-ah!

Wot a good role-model, innit?
      I bet the Germans with their engineering PhD CEOs must be choking with laughter over their bratwurst.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        That's good. Maybe they can then afford the social bill for an unhealthy, ageing, unemployable population.
        They can, if they get to keep their own money.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
          Mmm that Fantasy Island book looks very interesting. Soon as I receive some pay I may place the order with Amazon..

http://books.guardian.co.uk/extracts...082838,00.html
          The article says:

Labour believes Britain is at the cutting edge of the knowledge economy and that Britain's well-educated (sic), highly skilled (sic) and entrepreneurial (sic) workers are ready to kick German, American, Japanese and Chinese butt all round the global village.
          Wrong! Britain does have a lot of educated and highly-skilled workers, but those of us with get-up-and-go have, well...... we're not kicking German butt, we're selling our solid skills to solid German companies, because British companies don't have much use for us.

Comment

Working...
          X