• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Real cost of living is 9.5%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    If the government admitted that the inflation rate as experienced by most people is far higher than the nonsense CPI figure then load of other costs like pensions, benefits, the NMW and public sector pay would shoot up. At the moment most of sacrifices made to combat inflation has been borne by the poor by falling living standards as they have a greater exposure to items that are going up in price like food and energy. For them, they have an effective inflation rate closer to 33% than 3.3%. But nobody care about them, least of all the nuLieBore government.
    Most of them (if they voted at all) voted Labour, so I say.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      If the government admitted that the inflation rate as experienced by most people is far higher than the nonsense CPI figure then load of other costs like pensions, benefits, the NMW and public sector pay would shoot up. At the moment most of sacrifices made to combat inflation has been borne by the poor by falling living standards as they have a greater exposure to items that are going up in price like food and energy. For them, they have an effective inflation rate closer to 33% than 3.3%. But nobody care about them, least of all the nuLieBore government.
      The thing that I do respect and admire about the Labour Party is that they are committed to helping the poorest and worst off in our society, leaving none behind and looking out for all.

I'm sorry, I'll say that again: The thing that I used to respect and admire about the Labour Party, when we used to have one of them.....

Comment

Working...
      X