• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hurrah! Ireland!!! Thank you!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    Dodgy. Enough, its friday. Im going to the pub.

I might have a nice (free of import duty) leffe blonde just for you. With a nice straight bannana on the side.

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      Elvis: I take it you are nto a UK national?
      I am ..now. I have lived elsewhere most of my life. but now I'm back "home". If you can call it that.

CAP is truely abhorrent. And if the western countries really want Africa to prosper, they would get rid of it. If the farmers would become more efficient, then it also would not be needed. However, the US would never remove their subsidies...like cheap rice which is exported to poor african countries. So its a chicken an egg thing.

Within each union there are always some power brokers. take Canada for example..ontario and quebec run the show. But overall its a fantastic union.

Natural resources will always be a touchy issue..I don't know enough about it to comment. But if a state is not following the rules it should face a financial penalty. But that would require a strong EU centralised government...which we all vote for..like in other unions. We don't have that right now do we?

The UK could do more - euro adoption would be one step. It does seem odd that out of the three big states of europe..the UK hasn't adopted it. But I know how you all love your sterling...
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
        I am ..now. I have lived elsewhere most of my life. but now I'm back "home". If you can call it that.

CAP is truely abhorrent. And if the western countries really want Africa to prosper, they would get rid of it. If the farmers would become more efficient, then it also would not be needed. However, the US would never remove their subsidies...like cheap rice which is exported to poor african countries. So its a chicken an egg thing.

Within each union there are always some power brokers. take Canada for example..ontario and quebec run the show. But overall its a fantastic union.

Natural resources will always be a touchy issue..I don't know enough about it to comment. But if a state is not following the rules it should face a financial penalty. But that would require a strong EU centralised government...which we all vote for..like in other unions. We don't have that right now do we?

The UK could do more - euro adoption would be one step. It does seem odd that out of the three big states of europe..the UK hasn't adopted it. But I know how you all love your sterling...
        Why would we want a strong EU government that was corrupt incompetent and undemocratic when we can enjoy a weak EU govt with restricted powers to be corrupt and incompetent. The reason that we have Sterling is because it enables us to manage our own economy as we wish, and that we can set our economic conditions to suite ourselves rateher than those of the whole of the EU.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Why would we want a strong EU government that was corrupt incompetent and undemocratic when we can enjoy a weak EU govt with restricted powers to be corrupt and incompetent. The reason that we have Sterling is because it enables us to manage our own economy as we wish, and that we can set our economic conditions to suite ourselves rateher than those of the whole of the EU.
          Well, no different than the UK government then eh? Think FSA and lack of oversight, that how our economy is managed.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            Well, no different than the UK government then eh? Think FSA and lack of oversight, that how our economy is managed.

True,

But the whole point is that we can get rid of our government whereas we cannot change who governs the EU

Comment

Working...
            X