• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm going to get my hair cut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    What kind of clippers?
    Just had to go and have a look - Nicky Clarke Extreme. With #2 attachment.

Comment

Originally posted by G8_Summit View Post
      Just had to go and have a look - Nicky Clarke Extreme. With #2 attachment.
      Do you have to cut your hair really short for them to work well?

Comment

Do you have to cut your hair really short for them to work well?
        Well I guess that number 2 all over would count as pretty short, so yes ?
        They work fine but you have to clean and oil them before and after each use.

Comment

Well I guess that number 2 all over would count as pretty short, so yes ?
          They work fine but you have to clean and oil them before and after each use.
          Can you convert #2 to metric? Is that millimeters perchance? In which case that is a tad short for my liking. A centimeter or so would be about right, but for all I know doing that all over would look weird.

Comment

Can you convert #2 to metric? Is that millimeters perchance? In which case that is a tad short for my liking. A centimeter or so would be about right, but for all I know doing that all over would look weird.
            No its not millimeters, its a standard for clipper attachments - maybe about half a centimeter.

Comment

No its not millimeters, its a standard for clipper attachments - maybe about half a centimeter.
              Can you just literally run this device randomly all over your head and end up with :

a) hair length 1/2 centimeters long
              b) a hairstyle that does not look weird?

If so I wonder whether this same principle could extend to 1 centimeter and beyond?

Comment

Can you just literally run this device randomly all over your head and end up with :

a) hair length 1/2 centimeters long
                b) a hairstyle that does not look weird?

If so I wonder whether this same principle could extend to 1 centimeter and beyond?
                You'll be wanting number 4 then - about 12 mm - I've just measured it.

Comment

You'll be wanting number 4 then - about 12 mm - I've just measured it.
                  Might be worth a try. It definitely doesn't look weird then?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    It rather depends on your definition of weird...
                    Hmm, except when it comes to haircuts. I don't care what it looks like (if I did it would be all off I expect), it's whether people shout 'oh look at him', point, call security etc.

Comment

I cut my hair just before i started this contract. That was 19 weeks ago.

Is it time for another haircut yet? Or should I wait for the 6 month renewal?
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X