• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any good places to visit in Joburg?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you really want is one of these
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I was petrified of Joburg, not because of anything I actually saw or experienced, but due to the endless horror stories from people who lived there. It is a strange place.

I did have a bizarre but enjoyable day out at Sun City and Pilanesberg.
      Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Fly to Capetown and work remotely from Clifton or Camps Bay!

Joburg is quite cr*p( unless you like concrete jungles ). Mind you I think Sandton is OK. Sandton City is one of largest shopping centers and lots of 5 star hotels. Sun City perhaps.

Other than that stay indoors in the evenings, be wary at traffic lights.

Wish you luck .... weather-wise this time of the year be still a bit cool between 16-20

Comment

don't forget one of these!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/21st-Century-B...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Why is Joburg so dangerous anyway?
            Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
              Racial and social tension.

Try the "Ask Beaker thread"!!!

Comment

Because a lot of people rob and kill each other all the time.
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I hear that Soweto is quite nice for a visit in the evenings......

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
                    I hear that Soweto is quite nice for a visit in the evenings......
                    It's a bit like the Hotel California...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

1) Because the shanty towns are closer to city centre. Its not as spread out as CPT??

2) Alot of money flying around and flashy cars, houses so the common man is attracted to rob. High unemployment amongst locals.

Comment

Working...
                      X