• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right, time for the pub.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    That'll be a "Yes" then: linky.

Even its post code has gone.
    we must be talking about different Southwark Taverns then.

This one was fully functional last night, and did a reasonable Black Sheep too.

Ah, I see what you mean, Christoper House has indeed fallen down. The pub remains standing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
      we must be talking about different Southwark Taverns then.

This one was fully functional last night, and did a reasonable Black Sheep too.

Ah, I see what you mean, Christoper House has indeed fallen down. The pub remains standing.
      What about the Market Porter round the corner? The guest beers at the back are definitely worth a shot and you will often find me propping up the pub in the summer. Plus the shop next door does 3 posh sausages in a bap for £3.50 if you're hungry. Bliss.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        What about the Market Porter round the corner? The guest beers at the back are definitely worth a shot and you will often find me propping up the pub in the summer. Plus the shop next door does 3 posh sausages in a bap for £3.50 if you're hungry. Bliss.
        Posh sausages? Do explain....
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Ummm sausage sandwich - or bacon..... I'm hungry
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
            Filled with cream cheese?

IGMC
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
              Let's just say they're no Tesco value. This is Borough market after all.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Never tried that one but seems to get good reviews on beerintheevening.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Never tried that one but seems to get good reviews on beerintheevening.
                  Market Porter is a London institution.
                  If you like your real beer - it's the best pub in central London that I know.
                  Go right to the back where the guest beers are - changed every week.
                  And in the summer you can stand outside and watch the hot totty that work in the trendy Borough offices walk by.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Market Porter is a good pub. Never been when it's not been packed though and can take ages to get served. Best to order a couple of rounds at a time.
                    The sausage place next door never tires of telling people that "harry potter 3" was filmed there (if you've seen it, the bit near the start when he's in the 'leaky cauldron').

Also, the lane down the side of the market porter has been used as a location for many brit films, e.g. lock , stock...

If you like beer, the brewwharf is next door too, they have some decent ales on tap. Wine Wharf is next to that (part of vinoplois).
                    Actually, it's pretty good round there for pubs, one of my favourite places in london. I much prefer it to the likes of camden etc, i think the vibe is much more laid back

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
                      Market Porter is a good pub. Never been when it's not been packed though and can take ages to get served. Best to order a couple of rounds at a time.
                      The sausage place next door never tires of telling people that "harry potter 3" was filmed there (if you've seen it, the bit near the start when he's in the 'leaky cauldron').

Also, the lane down the side of the market porter has been used as a location for many brit films, e.g. lock , stock...

If you like beer, the brewwharf is next door too, they have some decent ales on tap. Wine Wharf is next to that (part of vinoplois).
                      Actually, it's pretty good round there for pubs, one of my favourite places in london. I much prefer it to the likes of camden etc, i think the vibe is much more laid back
                      Agreed. Camden is actually a pretentious, dirty, dump.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X