• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How offensive is the word 'pikey'?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    How's about this one...

South Cambs Council have cancelled the free school bus that goes around the outlying villages.

However, they still lay on a free bus for the pikeys.
    I am starting o regret starting this thread!

Gosh you do go on about these pi*eys!

You wouldn't catch me going on and on about a particular subject!

Comment

That's 'cos everyone hates pikeys but we're not allowed to say so any more.

Despite them all being violent, dirty, thieving scroungers, for some reason we can't say so. Although we pay for the road signs they steal for scrap, we pay for the free council services they get, we pay for the damage the cause, yet we're not allowed to say we think they are robbers and don't deserve what they're given.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        How offensive is the BBC using our TV license money wasting time writing such an article?
        licence

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          pikeys, tinkers, knackers, gypos - pick one
          It's odd that there are all these different words for them.

Where I come from we use the words "cackers" and "diddicai". Do you think they would be considered less offensive?

Comment

Working...
          X