• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much for monthly transportation costs comparative to the rate ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.26 hours to cover mine. however, its not like i do loads when here!!
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

I have to work whole day to pay for month of fuel . I am not on a bad rate , but with 25 MPG I am stuck !

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post
        How many hours / days you have to work to pay for your monthly transportation costs ?
        4 1/2 days per month to cover travel and accommodation. I pay it myself out of net income ("why" is a different question).

But if I add in the travel time, it gets horrendous. I'm not sure I'm doing it right, but if I:
        - add up hours/month travelling to & from work
        - add it to hours worked
        - divide hours travelling by total, and multiply by 20, I get (a) days/month spent travelling.
        - divide travel & accommodation cost by net income, and multiply by 20, I get (b) days/month working for expenses.

(a) is 5, and (b) is 4.5. Total 9.5 out of 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post
          I have to work whole day to pay for month of fuel . I am not on a bad rate , but with 25 MPG I am stuck !
          I'm probably the worst here. I travel 90 miles to work 4 days a week, which equates to two tanks a week, which at £65 a tank (roughly) is £130 a week, or about £570

At 0.40 a mile I get nearly all of this back in expense tax saving, but at 180 miles a day, I'm back on the old 0.25 rate before you know it, so on a normal month after the high rate is done, I'm probably about £250 out of pocket, less than a day's net income though.
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Approx 1 hour will cover my monthly fuel bill. It's great having a local gig (my first one in 3 years!).
            Blood in your poo

Comment

about 720 per month in transport costs. takes a day to pay off.

Comment

Nothing.

THought my co doesn spent 200miles a week @ 40p / mile to get me to clients sites

Comment

7 hours a week to cover accomodation and transportation - gig was too good to turn down! Getting some good experience on the CV before I head off to Oz later in the year!

:0)

Comment

About 9 minutes per day: 3 hours per month.

Comment

Working...
                    X