• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

interview questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    are you any good in tribunals ?

I have become an expert
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      Following on from last night's Apprentice, what's the most bizarre question you have faced in an interview for a contract gig ?
      A former colleague got asked something like "How many taxi companies are there operating in Nottingham?" when applying for a job as a BA once.
      If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
        A former colleague got asked something like "How many taxi companies are there operating in Nottingham?" when applying for a job as a BA once.
        Very similar to the "number of blind piano tuners in New York" question.

It's a good question imho.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          On the other side my favourite question to attractive new girlies is to ask them if they have ever slept with their boss.
          how many admitted to it?
          Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
          "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
          Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Originally posted by kali View Post
            how many admitted to it?
            Still interviewing
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Still interviewing
              Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
              "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
              Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Why should we hire you?

Because I work hard, and I'm a really nice guy....
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Still interviewing
                  IT manager in a place in Leeds was interviewing a year or so ago for a secretary. According to the CVs, there was only one choice but he had to go through the motions so he interviewed two candidates.

He hired the busty blonde rather than the obvious middle aged experienced bird

'I can teach the new girl how to be a secretary, but I wouldn't have been able to teach the other one how be good-looking'

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

"What are your salary expectations?"

and re. my 8080 assembler experience "What brand of computers were you assembling?"

"How would you go about designing a home central heating system?"
                    - Brilliant timing as I'd designed and installed my own system just a couple of years previously.......

RS

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
                      "What are your salary expectations?"
                      High, seeing as you pay your own

Comment

Working...
                      X