• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good reasons to buy property NOW !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Pah, you should aim for something like this: http://www.jacstrattons.com/property...es.aspx?id=841

It even comes with "Street Parking" whatever that might be.
    I like it. Can you lend me £14,995,000 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      I like it. Can you lend me £14,995,000 ?
      If you are oversubscribed, can I have $1,899.90 for that place in Detroit? I can busk for the balance.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        If you are oversubscribed, can I have $1,899.90 for that place in Detroit? I can busk for the balance.
        sell my body

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          I'm confortable that's we're about 20% of it's peak value.
          You paid market value for it, by definition. If there was another buyer prepared to pay more you wouldn't have secured it. The 'peak value' you mention is not a price it sold for, so is not it's past value. If it previously sold for more than you have paid, that price is its peak value.

It's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. Had you have waited a year or two the seller would have accepted less than you paid.

But you seem happy with it so the price can't matter that much. You're a contractor so its probably no great shakes. But it wasn't a good time to buy.

Comment

house prices are a matter of opinion. debt is a matter of fact.

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
              You paid market value for it, by definition. If there was another buyer prepared to pay more you wouldn't have secured it. The 'peak value' you mention is not a price it sold for, so is not it's past value. If it previously sold for more than you have paid, that price is its peak value.

It's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. Had you have waited a year or two the seller would have accepted less than you paid.

But you seem happy with it so the price can't matter that much. You're a contractor so its probably no great shakes. But it wasn't a good time to buy.
              Really?

Thanks for that info, no idea what I would have done without it
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

House prices: Market sliding faster than in the 1990s recession

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...et.houseprices

House prices are falling at a faster rate than during the recession of the early 1990s, according to data released by Halifax today.

Britain's biggest mortgage lender said prices fell by 2.4% in May, wiping almost £5,000 off the value of the average house.

The decline follows a 1.3% drop in April and a shock 2.5% drop in March - the biggest monthly decline since 1992 - and means prices have fallen by around 6.5% in the past three months.

"The pace of decline is now far worse than the early 1990s. Other housing guides are similarly grim," said Michael Saunders of Citigroup, adding that the decline over the past quarter was the worst since the Halifax index began, in 1983.

DOOMED

Comment

At the peak each brick in my house was worth £500, at this rate, the bricks will fall to the price of bricks
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
                    35-40% of current prices? Come off it.
                    No, you come off it. House prices are at least this overvalued. Just choose any long term indicator you like. The traditional one is house prices to average earnings.

A 40% drop would make that 250k studio above the chippy in zone 2 worth 150k. Much more sensible given avaerage salaries, dont you think?
                    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

My gut feeling says 20%-30% drop from peak given the impending world recession. We have a generation of consumers who have never experienced economic pessimism. They have participated in the unsustainable optimism that the boom required. Why all of a sudden will these people start to behave differently from the herd as the herd becomes pessimistic? They won't, as soon as gloom sets in, expectations will fall, jobs will go, spending will fall,house prices will fall,further. What we are seeing now is the turning point of expectations from bull to bear.

Human behaviour never changes
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X