• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client Contact Primer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It will probably turn out that it is the agent you should be sueing.
    In many of these cases that I have read the contractor has a contract stating their terms, but it is between them and the agent. The agent will tell you that it is back to back with the client agent contract. When these cases come to court it turns out the client would never have agreed to the terms in the contractors contract.
    Who do you think is guilty?

I have often asked that my contract contains a clause stating that it does not conflict with the client/agent contract and that if it does my contract is correct. If an agent refuses I assume that there is something dodgy going on and walk away.
    Not sure it would protect me in an investigation, but it does show I have tried to make sure my terms are correct.
    I try not to use agents. I'm not using one at the moment.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      I try not to use agents. I'm not using one at the moment.
      Then you should have no problems with an IR35 investigation as there is only one contract and no matter what company policy may be, they have signed it. As long as you can show your practice matches the contract then it should not matter what HR say, especialy if you did not come in through HR.
      For them to deny the contract is for them to admit to a fraud.
      It is usualy the agent/contractor contract that causes all the issues.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
      X