• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accenture PMs from India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Not heard this one before - so their culture is to promise the world and deliver nothing..... regularly
    It is not so much that they promise the world, it is that they think it is rude to say no so they wont.

It is the same in the middle east, and in the far east.

Chef will need to watch out when he is in Singapore. You ask for something, they'll smile and nod their head, then go away and not do it. Rather than say no to you or ask you to repeat because they haven't understood.

I stayed in a hotel in Dubai and they were very proud of their corporate motto that was "Our first response to a guest request will never be a 'no'."

I was tempted to ask them to provide two US naval frigates in the bathroom and put on a fly-past by the Red Arrows on Thursday afternoon, just to see what they said.

They would have said "We will try our very best." And then on Thursday when I chased why it didn't happen they would have said "Unfortunately, it was not possible." At no point would they have said "don't be stupid" to me.

Obviously, I bottled out .....

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      It is not so much that they promise the world, it is that they think it is rude to say no so they wont.

It is the same in the middle east, and in the far east.

Chef will need to watch out when he is in Singapore. You ask for something, they'll smile and nod their head, then go away and not do it. Rather than say no to you or ask you to repeat because they haven't understood.

I stayed in a hotel in Dubai and they were very proud of their corporate motto that was "Our first response to a guest request will never be a 'no'."

I was tempted to ask them to provide two US naval frigates in the bathroom and put on a fly-past by the Red Arrows on Thursday afternoon, just to see what they said.

They would have said "We will try our very best." And then on Thursday when I chased why it didn't happen they would have said "Unfortunately, it was not possible." At no point would they have said "don't be stupid" to me.

Obviously, I bottled out .....
      Why didn't you try asking them to get you some 'ladies of the night'?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Or a crate of whisky?

When I stayed in Dubai(well actually Ajman - but still part of UAE) they asked guests not to walk through the lobby in swim-wear. If they had said "we never say no" I would have asked if I could walk through the lobby in swim-wear.

So arabs never say no - I used to know a girl like that.

Comment

PMs seem to like lots of documents therefore I would create a detailed document with lots of diagrams and spreadsheets explaining why and then e-mail it to everyone on the project. That would put the wind up them because they would be obliged to respond it kind. This way you can keep a project going on indefinitely.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            They would have been able to manage that, there are plenty there.

Mrs Gonzo would probably not have been too happy though, especially as the trip was for our Wedding anniversary.

Comment

fight fire with water

smother the b@stards

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                They would have been able to manage that, there are plenty there.

Mrs Gonzo would probably not have been too happy though, especially as the trip was for our Wedding anniversary.
                Would have saved her a job.....

Comment

Working...
                X