• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown's plan for the cost of petrol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure how this works, but what i don't understand is that surely if the petrol prices go up so does the tax, so why the need of increasing it by 2p when in fact you're getting the 2p, if not more, already?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      I hate to have to say this, but under New Liebour the percentage of tax is 66%. Under the Tories it was 76%. Thank God for New Liebour is all I can say.
      I really hope that is saccasm or you just don't understand percentage over base calculations.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammy B*st*rd View Post
        I'm not sure how this works, but what i don't understand is that surely if the petrol prices go up so does the tax, so why the need of increasing it by 2p when in fact you're getting the 2p, if not more, already?
        They want more!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
          He's going to ask the oil companies to do something to reduce the price, get the kudos for that, and then add the 2p in fuel duty afterwards. I reckon.

Linky
          Brown's real plan

1. find sandpit

2. Dig hole

3. Bend over (no not for that!)

4. Lower head into hole

5. Cover with sand

Meanwhile Alaistair Darling is still digging his hole

Comment

Originally posted by Jammy B*st*rd View Post
            Only the VAT bit automatically rises as it's a percentage - the other bit is a fixed value per litre.

Comment

Working...
            X