• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Neighbours and fences

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    you can buy a bag of post concrete for that and it sets in minutes.
    Also handy for tipping down the outside drain of a family law solicitor.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      I got back from Fort William yesterday. I got a great tan walking the cow trail and then sitting outside the jacobite bar while the missus went shopping.
      Brilliant

How did the drive go? Would have loved to been up that way yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Also handy for tipping down the outside drain of a family law solicitor.
        Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Torran View Post
          How did the drive go? Would have loved to been up that way yesterday
          Spectacular, Glen Coe was as you described, and I got a perfectly framed shot of loch Lomand, with mountain reflections, and a carpet of bluebells in the forground

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Spectacular, Glen Coe was as you described, and I got a perfectly framed shot of loch Lomand, with mountain reflections, and a carpet of bluebells in the forground

got a shiver up my spine (a good one) just reading that.

really really jealous

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Wise words.

My Mother thought an estimate of £100 too expensive so decided that I could replace two panels for her when I next visited instead. The panels themselves are a doddle to replace, it’s the posts that are a nightmare. Removing about a cubic foot of concrete a foot down isn’t quick or fun. My tip is not to even try to chip away at the concrete unless you have heavy duty power tools – it took me three hours per post. You need to dig around the concrete mass and pull the thing out whole. Putting a new post in is easy though, you can buy a bag of post concrete for that and it sets in minutes.
              Top tip ! Move all the fence posts along a foot or so, no need for digging up the old stuff.

Comment

Lomand? Shirley?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Lomand? Shirley?
                  was letting that one slide

Comment

Oops, sp. Lomond

I did notice something that left me gob smacked

Highland outfit for hire (the Saltire) in the high st, for weddings etc
                    £785 for the day

Blooming heck. You could get a new fence for that

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Oops, sp. Lomond

I did notice something that left me gob smacked

Highland outfit for hire (the Saltire) in the high st, for weddings etc
                      £785 for the day

Blooming heck. You could get a new fence for that

no chance!! £78.50 for a days hire or full outfit bought for £785.

Must have been. They'd be out of business if they were asking £700 nicker for a days hire

Comment

Working...
                      X