• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

mortgage calculator for directors of limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the replies.
    As I said, I'm not in the market for a mortgage for the next 18 months, but just wanted to get a feel for how lenders calculate the "multiple" they're prepared to lend. I guess, as with all mortgages, lenders are tightening their criteria and will continue to do so for a little while yet.
    Nay problem, I'll concentrate on saving as much as possible so that when we do eventually move we can borrow as little as possible, and/or have a bit of money set aside for renovation if we choose a place that needs tarting up.
    Ta

Comment

Contractor financials have a day rate calculator on their website

http://www.contractorfinancials.com/...mortgages.html

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
        Halifax lend on just seeing your daily rate? Do they need to see 3 years accounts etc? Do they take into account the length of the contract? What was the interest rate?

Ta
        I took the mortgage with Halifax nearly 2 years ago, rate is currently 4.39% (those were the days ) I went through contractorfinancials and yes they were only interested in my daily rate and seeing a contract with a good few months to run on it, plus the usual bank statements etc, didnt need accounts etc. I think Halifax and Abbey are contractor friendly this way. First Direct were good as well, I produced 1 years accounts, a letter from my accountant saying my projected profit for current year was X and for the third year First Direct were fine with just seeing a tax return and orginal tax return payment statement.

Comment

Working...
        X