• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's got the biggest chopper?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I park my chopper to the left, as a gentleman should...
    With one as small as your does it need parking?

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
      Not if you're Prince William.
      ROFLMFAO,

especially if you have to do the rolloing langinflshlsgjhsdkgjbfbkx
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Is this a permie chopper?

http://www.jonco48.com/blog/Chopper_...Made_20....jpg

"Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          This is an ex-permie chopper.

What Churchill flies

Oi HyperD, how's your hours?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            This is an ex-permie chopper.

What Churchill flies

Oi HyperD, how's your hours?

This year, not very good. Still current but have to find a new airport (Blackbushe probably) as current club were taken over by a charter and they won't let me rent the new Seneca III's. Plus the £300+/h and rising costs are getting ridiculous and the club 28 day rule. I'm getting the feeling I'm going to have to put it on hold for a long while - a sign of the times
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              This year, not very good. Still current but have to find a new airport (Blackbushe probably) as current club were taken over by a charter and they won't let me rent the new Seneca III's. Plus the £300+/h and rising costs are getting ridiculous and the club 28 day rule. I'm getting the feeling I'm going to have to put it on hold for a long while - a sign of the times
              Sell the missus and kids, buy a share!

Comment

Sell the missus and kids, buy a share!
                That, my fellow aviator, has crossed my mind a few times! I'd also have to sell the house and go back to my 1-bed flat as well as recent renovations have consumed vast quantities of filthy lucre.

There was a 1/6 share in a Baron 58 some time back but the upfront share, monthly and op cost was very high as the aircraft was pressurised and long range. Sort of thing you could jump on in 10 mins and fly to Spain for a weekend.

For that sort of lifestyle, I'd need to be owning an SME on buyout, rather than consulting!

I reckon to fly a Seneca with regularity and flying weekends to Guernsey etc I would need around £1500-2000 free cash a month, otherwise it becomes a 1 monthly check flight and the induced stress of not been fully on top of the cockpit workload.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  That, my fellow aviator, has crossed my mind a few times! I'd also have to sell the house and go back to my 1-bed flat as well as recent renovations have consumed vast quantities of filthy lucre.

There was a 1/6 share in a Baron 58 some time back but the upfront share, monthly and op cost was very high as the aircraft was pressurised and long range. Sort of thing you could jump on in 10 mins and fly to Spain for a weekend.

For that sort of lifestyle, I'd need to be owning an SME on buyout, rather than consulting!

I reckon to fly a Seneca with regularity and flying weekends to Guernsey etc I would need around £1500-2000 free cash a month, otherwise it becomes a 1 monthly check flight and the induced stress of not been fully on top of the cockpit workload.
                  Have you thought about a commercial ticket and maybe air taxiing/ferrying?

Of course you have. Sorry.

Comment

Have you thought about a commercial ticket and maybe air taxiing/ferrying?

Of course you have. Sorry.
                    When I was much younger, I applied for a BA job and wanted to get the full frozen ATPL, but I don't think my heart was in it. I enjoyed flying and I enjoyed the challenge of the IR, but only for recreation - I'm not sure if I would have been good enough as a commercial or whether I would have got the same thrill out of it.

I think the only thing I have recently been interested in is flying the Twin Otters in the Maldives as a ferry pilot - and the wife approved as well. The problem is, I'd think I'd lose my job fairly quickly as the temptation of the booze and sun would get to me.

Still, flying a twin Otter with your bare feet is simply fantastic!

Just clicked on this - cool!

Maldives Air Ferry

Comment

So true lizard - even a "Pot Noodle and a wink" has more appeal nowadays than the rapidly changing environment of coding

Comment

Working...
                      X