• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour in 'lowest ever' poll rating

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    ('Proper' education - you mean like an inner city comprehensive)
    Yes of course you went to a posh school didn't you. Conclusive proof that you can't polish a turd. Whereas there are plenty of clever people who go to inner city comps.
    HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Yes of course you went to a posh school didn't you. Conclusive proof that you can't polish a turd. Whereas there are plenty of clever people who go to inner city comps.
      HTH

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        HTH

It doesn't matter where I went to school. You are proof that nomatter how 'clever' someone is no amount of money will give them class.

(hence your pathetic insults and namecalling)

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Sorry Lucy, It's the hard working tax payer that swings between Labour and Conservative that creates these large majorities. Blair in 97 was god-like to the average person. Brown is the anti-christ to them.

Those on the dole either don't vote or always vote Labour and so don't make these big swings.

Labour are fooked.
          I thought that was the point that she was making? That many of the people still supporting El Gordo are those enjoying the generosity of the state as an alternative to getting out of bed and going to work.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

You are proof that no matter how 'clever' someone is no amount of money will give them class.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              No one agrees with my view
              Funny, but incorrect.

I agree with Bagpuss and Dim Prawn - it's simplistic (and actually just wrong) to claim that 23% Labour support is all benefit claimants. It's also a bit sad to keep on saying it even when it's been repeatedly pointed out.

Comment

It doesn't matter where I went to school. You are proof that nomatter how 'clever' someone is no amount of money will give them class.

(hence your pathetic insults and namecalling)

HTH
                Class - a passe concept. Last refuge of the untalented.

HTH
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  I thought that was the point that she was making? That many of the people still supporting El Gordo are those enjoying the generosity of the state as an alternative to getting out of bed and going to work.
                  No I am saying it is those in work, with a house and a car and big bills that decide who wins, not the unemployed Chavs who always vote Labour or don't vote at all.

Very different.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    No I am saying it is those in work, with a house and a car and big bills that decide who wins, not the unemployed Chavs who always vote Labour or don't vote at all.

Very different.
                    And when they don't vote at all?

Comment

You guys will all love this one.

My mum helps out with an old lady living near us (In her late 70's), takes her dinner one or two nights a week and does some shopping for her. She lived in South Africa for many years but was born here.

Last week her daughter and husband were over visiting her from South Africa and came to see my mum, thanking her for all her help etc. To cut a long story short, they told her they were both going to move to the UK in the next year or two as they came up for retirement, since the pension here were much better than they would get in South Africa (Don't think they would get one there). Bear in mind neither of them have ever lived or worked in the UK.

I'm a lefty clearly, but that one had me frothing at the mouth ...
                      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                      X