• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How British Are You?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly tests

Well,

My surname is probably one of the most common in England

My middle name is the name of an English Prince

My brothers middle names are both derived from old english kings as was my fathers.

My mothers maiden name was the next most common English name you can think of

I have a university degree from an English uni in my home country.

I have been working in a professional capacity in the UK for 8 years.

I STILL had to prove that I could speak English during the naturalisation process. The actually made me jump through hoops.

I was then most peeved that when I was at my citizenship ceromony , the master of ceromonies, upon observation of a person who could clearly not understand English, who was there to gain British citizenship, offered her the services of an interperetor for the remainder of the ceromony.

WTF
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Well, I can drink 20 pints of bitter in one session and eat two kebabs without throwing up.

How's that?
      you are William Hague and i claim my free baseball cap.
      Originally posted by BolshieBastard
      You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
        Well,

My surname is probably one of the most common in England

My middle name is the name of an English Prince

My brothers middle names are both derived from old english kings as was my fathers.

My mothers maiden name was the next most common English name you can think of

I have a university degree from an English uni in my home country.

I have been working in a professional capacity in the UK for 8 years.

I STILL had to prove that I could speak English during the naturalisation process. The actually made me jump through hoops.

I was then most peeved that when I was at my citizenship ceromony , the master of ceromonies, upon observation of a person who could clearly not understand English, who was there to gain British citizenship, offered her the services of an interperetor for the remainder of the ceromony.

WTF

Your name is

Helmut Patel
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          <cough>
          I know but having lived abroad now for 20 years some of my English is starting to leak away. People here ask me for the English meaning of a word and I'm completely stuck same as when I visit the UK and talking away when halfway through a sentence I can't remember how to continue in English. Pretty poorly considering I was taught English in a very proper manner (in RSA and English schools around the world!)
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
          X