• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
    Another student loan put to good use?
    I guess so. I didn't drink for that year though. Swings and roundabouts. Whilst I didn't damage my liver through alcohol I probably ran the gauntlet of blood poisoning and potential hepatitis (tested and negative you'll be glad to know).
    In all, 10 years on I feel fairly ambivalent about the decision. I don't suffer any ill-effects of it, or social stigma, although I do have to wear a vest under my shirt at the office.

Comment

tramp stamps or whatever

well I still think they look nice and I'm having one!
      Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
      "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
      Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Originally posted by kali View Post
        well I still think they look nice and I'm having one!
        A girl in a bar in Belgium we used to vsit had a wonderfully worked tramp stamp. It was a larger piece than the ual mind.
        It was a butterfly, but there were two eyes in the lower wings.
        It was well placed as whenever she bent over and her top rose above her jeans you could see the eyes peering out at you.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

One of the owners of "Capo's Bar" in Ulm has a tattoo of two women's legs in stockings under his arm. One leg either side of his arm-pit hair. Class!

Comment

What a shame. The title suggested this might be a discussion on spuds.

As there are dozens of varieties, each with their good and bad points, we could discuss them for days.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              In years to come it will be the norm for grannies to tattoos which seems a little odd. So as the skin looses its elasticity, that little picture you have winding its way up your leg which looked great as a 20 something will eventually appear just like all the other varicose veins.
              Yes they look odd on old people unless they are Sailors. I like some tattoos, especially as I like alternative culture, but can't imagine being an old fogey with one. Also I'm so indecisive I probably wouldn't like it after a few months, hence I don't have any. The Tramp stamp lable may apply to chavs but there are many people with tatoos who are not scum bags.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Yes they look odd on old people unless they are Sailors. I like some tattoos, especially as I like alternative culture, but can't imagine being an old fogey with one. Also I'm so indecisive I probably wouldn't like it after a few months, hence I don't have any. The Tramp stamp lable may apply to chavs but there are many people with tatoos who are not scum bags.
                I would have thought you were covered in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  One of the owners of "Capo's Bar" in Ulm has a tattoo of two women's legs in stockings under his arm. One leg either side of his arm-pit hair. Class!
                  What were/are you doing in Ulm?
                  I was there for 03 working at EADS.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Bagpuss - sometimes you really do suprise me
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                      I would have thought you were covered in them.

Yeah, all quotes form the Independent
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X