• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ryan air

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    They're my most loathed company, it's like their whole ethos is set up to rip as much cash as they can from their passengers, by any means possible, and generally treat them like scum.

I made the mistake of flying with them with my daughter (The airport in Scotland is very close to my home), and they truly are awful if you've got kids.
    Yep, I flew back with my wee boy last weekend and the whole "pure dead brilliant" Prestwick/Ryanair experience leaves something to be desired!

After a nightmare return journery from Treviso a few yrs back I said I would never fly with them again but they are the only direct flight from Belgium to the West of Scotland at the moment. I can't believe they haven't got round to charging for using the bogs on the planes yet

Comment

I've flown with Ryanair and Easyjet for a few years now and have never had any problems. If you do the proper research, you'll have no problems. I flew out to Mallorca in Janaury, £20 return + £8 baggage, taxes all inclusive.

I think when the general folk who pay and expect the service to be on the level of normal airlines are the ones that get pissed off.

Everything is perfectly clear what they charge, as long as ensure you're on time and don't go over the baggage allowance, then you'll be fine. Regarding the airports, well Luton and Stanstead are around 1hr drive for me, I don't see a problem with this. Location of airports is all relative, depending on where you live. I thought us contractors had more brains sometines

Comment

I flew Ryanair for the first time 42 quid to Bratislava return from Stanstead in March. Lufthansa offered the flight from Heathrow at 180 quid. I had no problems at all apart from the fact that it was a very early flight. As I booked and checked-in online I also had priority boarding.

You pay for what you get and Ryanair are extremely good value. If you want to take masses of baggage + kids then obviously the major airlines should offer better service for their prices, but in my experience that is definitely not always the case.

Ryanair openly encourage you to take less baggage and also as hand-baggage on board, which is great as far as I am concerned. BA often force you to check-in your small baggage and then suffer the inconvenience of waiting ages at the other end to collect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          BA often force you to check-in your small baggage and then suffer the inconvenience of waiting ages at the other end to collect it.
          BA have never asked me to check in baggage - as long as it fits in the slot you're ok, as they never weigh it. They are one of the best airlines for this IMO.

There was the issue with only one carry on which was a PITA last year but it's been relaxed now.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            BA have never asked me to check in baggage - as long as it fits in the slot you're ok, as they never weigh it. They are one of the best airlines for this IMO.

There was the issue with only one carry on which was a PITA last year but it's been relaxed now.

My case would not fit in their slot, although it is not a big case, but is within the limitations of Ryanair's allowance. Therefore Ryanair's service is better as it allows bigger bags and therefore less inconvenience at destination. BA are also renowned for losing bags and for theft, so the opportunity to keep it with you should not be undervalued!!

Comment

Working...
            X