• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ryan air

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    i flew with these for first time at beginning of April to Nimes from Liverpool.

never again! their baggage allowance for checking baggage is 15kg per person. my small hand luggage case (the one i use for working away etc) came to 14.6kg. i'll not say how much the main case came to. the allowance isnt much when there is you, the mrs and a 6mth old baby.

they really screwed us. never again will i fly with them.
    WHS.

I've got to the point where I won't fly with an airline based on price alone. I've got a family in tow these days so it's worth paying a bit extra to remove the hassle that goes with the no-frills (i.e. customers come second) airlines.

Clearly my rate is too high these days

Comment

I think (on balance) I would rather cut my nuts off with a spoon than fly Ryan Air.

Similar feelings for Sleazyjet, Monarch or any other charter airline.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Wife and I once flew with RyanAir - there appears to be a special dispensation for tracksuits.

Most amusing is the call for boarding where there's this charge down the ramp to the apron and the scrambling for seats. I even saw one idiot run under the plane to get to the rear entrance, closely followed by two marshalls screaming at him.

They cancelled the return evening flight without explanation and we had to get a hotel, train to another airport and a BA flight back to Blighty (which we should have done in the first place).

I'd like to say you pay for what you get, but you don't.

Never again.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Nice to see your use of the word 'apron' there, hyperD. You can tell you are an aviator.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I once flew back from Brussels Charleroi, 5 euros to Stanstead no tax

£12 to go 7 miles on the train from Stanstead

flight out was 99p, £15 tax!
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
              Nice to see your use of the word 'apron' there, hyperD. You can tell you are an aviator.

I'd be more of an aviator if the price of flying wasn't escalating to ludicrous levels. I'm going to have to ditch the wife at this rate...
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I usually take the easy airport option for the first few months of a contract: drive to Luton, park short-term, fly Easyjet with "speedy boarding". Then when I can't take that any more, I do the drive to Heathrow (2 hours plus) and hack that awful airport, in order to fly with a real airline. Then when I've had enough of that, I drive instead if the client is in NE Europe, otherwise train to Birmingham and fly from there.

Then after I've done that for a while, I think "this is ridiculous, Easyjet can't be that bad" and go back to Luton for a while. Then I look for another contract.

I'm beginning to lose the ability to convince myself that this is a rational way to spend my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  I think (on balance) I would rather cut my nuts off with a spoon than fly Ryan Air.

Similar feelings for Sleazyjet, Monarch or any other charter airline.
                  I've found that cutting your nuts (and legs) off with a spoon may be an actual requirement to sit in the seats of the abovementioned airlines.
                  B00med!

Comment

Oh Lordy

When I was flying from Bristol the Sleazyjet queues were unbelievable. This was at 0600 in the morning. I used to wince when I saw the poor souls snaking around the airport to try and check in at the only two Sleazyjet Desks. This was all while I swished through the BA business desk. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
                      Oh Lordy

When I was flying from Bristol the Sleazyjet queues were unbelievable. This was at 0600 in the morning. I used to wince when I saw the poor souls snaking around the airport to try and check in at the only two Sleazyjet Desks. This was all while I swished through the BA business desk. Oh well.
                      Check in? Wash out your mouth!

Comment

Working...
                      X