• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dilemma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a contract that paid in sheets once. I used to have a giant whiskey bottle in the cupboard where I kept my loose pillow cases
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
      It is because he gets lost in your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        New Zealand currency is very unstable so unless you intend staying long-term I would stick to the UK.

Isn't NZ going to BOOM! on account of their trade deal with China?
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I'd say NZ all the way. If ur up for the move that is.

Of course ud have to cope with good weather, better lifestyle, beaches, open spaces, less traffic, etc so think carefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            Isn't NZ going to BOOM! on account of their trade deal with China?
            I dont think it will boom.. just lessen the doom. But unlike ATW i am no expert in economics!

I woud take the £400 a day option, NZ sucks ot have a job in, same tulipty crappy jobs as here... but you see nicer weather outside your office window. Either save up and spend a long loooong holiday there, retire there (my option in Nov), or accept the lifestyle still involves working at crappy jobs for middle managers who dont know their ass from thier elbow....

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              New Zealand currency is very unstable so unless you intend staying long-term I would stick to the UK.

What a load of rubbish. The NZD is stable. A bit to strong at the moment actually, and NZ has a tighter grip on inflation than the UK does... the mad 10% mortgage rates have seen to that.
              The reserve bank has said that trying to get people to spend out of a recession will just make it worse in the long run, so has kept rates high to give NZ a softer economic landing (nice theory, wonder how it will work out...)

Comment

Originally posted by skelm View Post
                I'd say NZ all the way. If ur up for the move that is.

Of course ud have to cope with good weather, better lifestyle, beaches, open spaces, less traffic, etc so think carefully!
                Hello, and welcome to CUK. Just a polite request - please write in proper English and not text speak, it gets very annoying very quickly
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Isn't Wellington built in the crater of a dormant volcano?

New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    Hello, and welcome to CUK. Just a polite request - please write in proper English and not text speak, it gets very annoying very quickly
                    Sorry didnt realise we were back in grammar school!

Comment

Originally posted by skelm View Post
                      Sorry didnt realise we were back in grammar school!
                      Oh, you'll learn soon enough - and are you female?
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X