• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you live on £2.5K a month???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All my DD's total £1.5k including mortgage and every other bill the extra £1K is for spending

my mortgage is £803.00 just remortgaged in Oct last year another 18 months to go before the fixed rate is over. I never jumped on the BTL bandwagon however with the amount of phish toys I've come to own I could probably have afforded to and still not been hurt

Comment

In between contracts, I can get by on £800 pm, but the missus works.
      I normally put aside 5k for the purpose

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        2.5K a month? That's the council tax covered then......

Not when your postcode is classed as Stirlingshire you don't matey same goes for my insurances more than half the price I was paying in Glasgow

downside it is living in the Sticks and putting up with the locals... or should that be Yocals

Comment

If you own a house and pay no mortgage you can survive on well under a 1K a month. This is precisely why renting all of your life is such a bad idea.
          Think about it, those people that keep knocking home ownership !!

Personally, I chose to take a long break from contracting, but then I do own most of my house, so I can afford it.

Anybody spending 2.5K a month is storing up problems for themselves in the future, unless they are lucky enough to always have well paid work. In this day and age that is being somewhat unrealistic, as nobody knows what the future holds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            If you own a house and pay no mortgage you can survive on well under a 1K a month. This is precisely why renting all of your life is such a bad idea.

Personally, I chose to take a long break from contracting, but then I do own most of my house, so I can afford it.

Anybody spending 2.5K a month is storing up problems for themselves in the future, unless they are lucky enough to always have well paid work. In this day and age that is being somewhat unrealistic, as nobody knows what the future holds.

Most of my outgoings is on things like cars and motorcycles things which can be sold if the worse happens and just thinking about it that would reduce my outgoings quite lot

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

Wise words Cyberman.

I have no mortgage on my house, and my modest income from a few rental properties (also non-mortgaged) mean that I don't actually have to work at all provided that my wife and I live modestly - which on the whole we do.

I've never been one for pishing it away on toys.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                Wise words Cyberman.

I have no mortgage on my house, and my modest income from a few rental properties (also non-mortgaged) mean that I don't actually have to work at all provided that my wife and I live modestly - which on the whole we do.

I've never been one for pishing it away on toys.
                please teach me the ways oh wise one.... My problem is shops have big windows and I'm an Ad mans dream I'm afraid. I'm slowly but surely coming round however the force is strong in the high street obi wan

Comment

Originally posted by roadster198 View Post
                  please teach me the ways oh wise one.... My problem is shops have big windows and I'm an Ad mans dream I'm afraid. I'm slowly but surely coming round however the force is strong in the high street obi wan
                  Well young RoadHopper, you must become an acolyte of the Temple of Bogey, then I will teach you the ways of Bogeydom.

Introductory weekend just £1950! Bowl of rice and robe thrown in!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Avoid the shops.

WFM

Comment

bogey man

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X