• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Questions about land

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dim,

first things first,

an acre is about 5000m2 and not 64m by 64m

secondly, as far as I understand, a paddock is another term for a field, but paddock is how they describe a field in the pony club vocabulary

as far as I understand, you can do whatever you wish with your paddock,
    as long as you do not build on it or dig too big a lake that the neighbours think you are taking the p and trying to open a quarry through the back door

hth

now, back to your link detached mock tudor end of terrace suburbian utopia

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      If you're talking about pop. density then it's Holland shirley?
      I thought we overtook them? Dunno why I thought that though...

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Dim,

first things first,

Back to maths remedial class, country bumpkin
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          Dim,

first things first,

secondly, as far as I understand, a paddock is another term for a field, but paddock is how they describe a field in the pony club vocabulary

as far as I understand, you can do whatever you wish with your paddock,
          as long as you do not build on it or dig too big a lake that the neighbours think you are taking the p and trying to open a quarry through the back door

hth

now, back to your link detached mock tudor end of terrace suburbian utopia

Milan.

Since you don't even know how big and acre is, or how to do a sqrt, I'll skip the rest of your advice.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            One acre is about 64 metres x 64 metres so not that big really? I like it when a house is described to be on a 0.1 acre plot. flip all innit?

If land is described as a paddock, what does this mean in legal terms? If a house comes with a paddock, can this be used at a garden, can it be landscaped and plated with trees? What are the rules on paddocks? Can I have a lake put on it?
            I believe that if you landscape, plant it etc then 'technically' you should apply for change of use. I do know that you can't just dig a lake without planning permission.

However, you are allowed to dig a pond which may just get a bit bigger each year. Sorry - can't remember the size at which a pond turns into a lake.
            Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Here you go:

It's official: England is the most crowded country in Europe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

(The rest of the article appears not to support that headline though)

Comment

SAD,

ok give you that one

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  For a start, they're literally pinching our land - All the land lost to coastal erosion in East Anglia gradually washes across the North Sea and ends up expanding Holland!

Also, Eastern England is sinking and the sneaky Dutch are probably on the other end of the seesaw rising!

In a couple a couple of million years, with or without global warming, England will be little more than a line of small islands like the Hebrides.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
                    In a couple a couple of million years, with or without global warming, England will be little more than a line of small islands like the Hebrides.
                    We're half-way there already!!! We're full of Scots twats!

Comment

Some of us aren't all that urban these days.

A paddock is primarily for grazing horses (or cattle) on. As distinct from arable which you can grow crops on, or erect (fnah) a house or permanent structure on beyond a temporary field shelter.

You might need planning permission for the lake, and weirdly even for the trees, but more than likely able to get away with it unless you are looking to turn a profit from it

It will depend on the current use

Comment

Working...
                      X