• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motivation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because - despite your best efforts - the client has insisted on doing it their way and the system is now shagged. Only a few more days Zip. Keep going - you CAN do it.

A purely hypothetical example of course...
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I agree - being paid per hour/day effectively means you're penalised for working hard and being good. If I could be paid according to how hard I worked, I'd work hard all the time and take more time off to compensate, which would be better all round.

Like you said above, I hate having nothing to do and enjoy the days where I am busy.
      Interesting... a friend of mine has recently started work as a "fiberglasser" ie fixing up the fiberglass on trucks etc. He gets paid per job done and can work as many hours as he wants (within reason) each day. So, lots of work done, lots of pay. Few jobs done, few pay!
      Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Working...
      X