• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Colleagues IT Blunders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once knew a chap who kept a long, rambling text file of all his strange sexual fantasies and what he'd like to do to various female colleagues.

As this was under his username, he thought nobody else would ever be able to access it.

Sadly for him, he hadn't reckoned on a particularly evil systems programming team.

It still makes me cringe for the poor stupid bastard

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Once knew a chap who kept a long, rambling text file of all his strange sexual fantasies and what he'd like to do to various female colleagues.

As this was under his username, he thought nobody else would ever be able to access it.

Sadly for him, he hadn't reckoned on a particularly evil systems programming team.

It still makes me cringe for the poor stupid bastard
      I still want that list back.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
        I still want that list back.
        Should be plenty of copies around - it was widely circulated

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Disco: don't worry. It wasn't u then! :-)

Comment

I was responsible for this one.....

On my 3rd contract as a lowly support monkey I got a role at a bank in London. My first task (and only as it happens) was to upgrade DOS on a PC. This PC was one of those old IMB PS/2 things with a 40 mb hd. It had Dos 3.2 on it which could only see 32mb partitions. IMB DOS pops up a menu asking if I want to move the partition - thinking that it would warn me before doing anything bad I figured I'd give it a go. After much whirring and clanking up pops a message saying formatting 1%, 2% etc. As the blood drained from my face and the sweat started the guy in the office asked if there was a problem. My response of "It shouldn't be much longer and I'll be done here" could not be more apt. It turned out that it was the IT directors PC. 3 hours I lasted and one expensive lesson learnt!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Should be plenty of copies around - it was widely circulated
              Yes I've got a copy. Did you really want to %"$""$$ %*%!** and %£%&"!** that fat minger in accounts, Xeno? Disgusting.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Yes I've got a copy. Did you really want to %"$""$$ %*%!** and %£%&"!** that fat minger in accounts, Xeno? Disgusting.
                Yes I did.

Also, I really did want to dress up the dwarf from Marketing as a clown.

We all have our kinks.
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

[QUOTE=Xenophon;526131]
                  Also, I really did want to dress up the dwarf from Marketing as a clown.

QUOTE]

That's not what it says here. It says

I really do want to $%$&^*** the dwarf from Marketing up the £$%$^** .
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I thought a strange sexual fantasy for an IT 'chap' was a shag that involved more than just himself?
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

An IT Support monkey in a blue chip I was working sent an email around saying: "please be aware of a virus going around the company from emails of this type" and copied the original email with the virus script and payload to the entire global organisation...

What a class monkey...
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X