• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you play an instrument?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Are you seven?
    Oi don't knock the triangle!
    That boy go raaaaaaa
    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

All of the above
      Me, me, me...

Comment

piano
        violin
        classical guitar
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Keyboards, mainly synths, very badly, in the manner of Brian Eno.

Not a bad drummer but have no kit.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
            Oi don't knock the triangle!
            That's how it works...
            B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              Keyboards, mainly synths, very badly, in the manner of Brian Eno.

Not a bad drummer but have no kit.
              Which synths?
              When you encounter speed humps, sound your horn in protest.

Comment

Originally posted by beercohol View Post
                Which synths?
                Nord Modular
                Korg Triton (with all the options - old but good)
                Korg MS20 (tulip but great when it works)
                Various home made monsters
                Moog Prodigy (with some brain surgery)
                Many software synths etc,.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Synths here...

Korg Trinity
                  Juno 6
                  Korg M1
                  Korg Prophecy
                  Roland R5 Drum Machine
                  Casio FZ10M Sampler
                  Various PC based tools (Reason, Rebirth, etc)

Mostly used for bumming around these days and writing for pleasure (instead of writing as part of forced labour to a bad with a stupid and restrictive music contract, and I hated writing 90's "Dance Music" anyway)

I use the following for inspiration....

Nitzer Ebb
                  VNV Nation
                  Diary of Dreams

The Shizit - Now defunct because all their gigs ended in mass damage to the venues...one theatre was ripped to pieces brick by brick by the crowd. Moshing at their gigs was extreme..round house kicks the works...I've never seen a crowd so pumped before or since. Incredible the power of music...
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                    Synths here...

Korg Trinity
                    Juno 6
                    Korg M1
                    Korg Prophecy
                    Roland R5 Drum Machine
                    Casio FZ10M Sampler
                    Various PC based tools (Reason, Rebirth, etc)
                    Actually I meant Korg Trinity (the one with the Prophecy board built-in) not the Triton, which I had briefly in rack form, but sold it on.

I sometimes think I'd like to replace it all with virtual instruments on a macbook, but then sometimes there's nothing better than just thrashing the keys and twiddling all the knobs.

I learned to (almost) play on a Roland Juno 6 - that and an old upright joanna

Quite keen on algorithmic/generative and systems music. See - it's that tosser Eno again

Comment

I once went to a lecture given by Brian Eno.

He told us that the wheels of industry and western civilisation would come to a halt if we stopped consuming aluminum in its various forms including foil.

bonkers I thought.

Another lecture was from the former Arts minister Kin Howels - he gave us an account of when he was a student in the 70's, he walked into the food market of Fortnum & Mason with a top hat on containing 200 white mice, doff'd his hat to the consierge and spilled the flock of mouses about the place.

Pandemonium ensued.

After they were chased out of the place, he joined his group to smash up paintings outside on the street.

A splendid piece of situationist mentalism - which I think is great - the kids/student these days are pretty tulip - just hide behind their rigid exterior.
                      Last edited by Fishface; 24 April 2008, 20:43. Reason: forgot a detail

Comment

Working...
                      X