• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clay pigeon shooting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    When will you dreary arrivistes realise that shooting is for proper country people, who shoot flesh, blood and feather, for the AGA
    I'm sittnig on the sofa watching a grouse sitting on the wall at the edge of our drive... not sure the neighbours would appreciate me blasting it with a blunderbus this time of night

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
      I'm sittnig on the sofa watching a grouse sitting on the wall at the edge of our drive... not sure the neighbours would appreciate me blasting it with a blunderbus this time of night
      Get the catapult out then. Or one of these:
      http://www.deepblueshooting.co.uk/product.aspx?id=13651

Your neighbours wouldn't hear a thing. Apart from a squawk and a thud
      my ferret is your ferret

Comment

I bought one of these http://www.air-arms.co.uk/S400S410.htm last Saturday.

It's an amazing piece of kit. Ideal for dealing with the damn rabbits digging up my lawn and eating my hedge. So far there's 6 less of them, each one a clean head-shot. Cheaper than rabbit-fencing.

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
          I do it to keep my eye in for the shooting season - I don't mind it, but it has no where near the attraction that game shooting does.
          WHS.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
            I bought one of these http://www.air-arms.co.uk/S400S410.htm last Saturday.

It's an amazing piece of kit. Ideal for dealing with the damn rabbits digging up my lawn and eating my hedge. So far there's 6 less of them, each one a clean head-shot. Cheaper than rabbit-fencing.
            Which variant?

FAC?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Which variant?

FAC?
              S410 Carbine.

Non FAC. Certainly enough power for my needs and I get a lot more shots out of a charge.

Comment

S410 Carbine.

Non FAC. Certainly enough power for my needs and I get a lot more shots out of a charge.
                How much did you pay - I know it's a rude question but...

Comment

How much did you pay - I know it's a rude question but...
                  I got the walnut stock version for about £530. The AA silencer, 500 slugs, and foot pump bought it up to a shade over £700.

Comment

I got the walnut stock version for about £530. The AA silencer, 500 slugs, and foot pump bought it up to a shade over £700.
                    What distance are you shooting from? A clean head shot and without FAC power? Impressive.

Comment

What distance are you shooting from? A clean head shot and without FAC power? Impressive.
                      So far the furthest one was about 20 yards, 10-15 the rest. The scope is calbrated for about 18 yards. I'd like to be able to shoot up to 35 though so will need to work out the range on the mil-dot.

A pre-charge with a magazine is the business IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X