• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oops - wrong man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    And that it is not fair to describe such a frightening split second decision as 'ludicrous', which is how you describe it.
    If you only point is my choice of words, then I can change it -- he made a fatally wrong decision to attempt escape armed police in context of failed terrorist suicide bombing just day before.

If he was not reading, watching TV or listening to the radio about 7/7 and attempted repeat of 7/7 just day before he was shot, then its ludicrous lack of appreciation as to what's going on in the world.

Comment

And after all that, and idiot like AtW comes along and says:

Originally posted by AtW

I could tell them (his parents) this in straight face -- what he did (if he is not related to terrorist attacks) is completely stupid and he deserved to get shot.

(thought I should repeat my post in case someone have missed it.. again)

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
        And after all that, and idiot like AtW comes along and says: (thought I should repeat my post in case someone have missed it.. again)
        Sandy, if you have anything new to say, ideally your own opinion, then do so, there is no point to repeat my posts so many times. I hereby allow you to repeat this post 5 times.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          Sandy, if you have anything new to say, ideally your own opinion, then do so, there is no point to repeat my posts so many times. I hereby allow you to repeat this post 5 times.

Gees thanks.. will do

Originally posted by AtW
          Originally Posted by AtW

I could tell them (his parents) this in straight face -- what he did (if he is not related to terrorist attacks) is completely stupid and he deserved to get shot. .

(thought I should repeat my post in case someone have missed it.. again)

Comment

Let me guess Sandy -- you got your job because you are good at repeating what your line manager tells you?

Comment

Originally Posted by AtW

Originally posted by AtW
              I could tell them (his parents) this in straight face -- what he did (if he is not related to terrorist attacks) is completely stupid and he deserved to get shot.

Comment

My point is that if any pistol wielding criminal says he is police - you will believe them no matter what.

My other point is I do not support nor wish to encourage some members of our Police force carrying out executions of defenceless, innocent civilians.

If you do support that and wish to encourage it we shall just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

My point is that if any pistol wielding criminal says he is police - you will believe them no matter what.
                  If whilst walking on street or train station I hear something like STOP ITS THE POLICE, then I will carefully and slowly turn around and look if it was addressed to me, if that's the case then I am most likely going to let them approach and talk to me. There are exceptions of course and if the guy who shouted looks like unshaved mad bozo in dirty clothes clearly high on drugs and playign with gun, then I might run, but not in the case like that guy's.

My other point is I do not support nor wish to encourage some members of our Police force carrying out executions of defenceless, innocent civilians.
                  You seem to ignore the context here. In Russia police shootouts happen like every day -- police carries AK assault rifles like everywhere, and often in murky circumstances and I agree wholeheartedly that this is not right.

However number of people shot in London in the last few years is probably less than 10, if that. Its not like MET has got death squadrons that raid Muslim communities overnight and abduct civilians from them who later get found shot in the head: now that's something I dont support at all, however I do support police's actions in the instance that we discuss, not some adstract extrapolations.

Comment

Glad to hear you conceed at long last that there are exceptions to believing any gun wielding individual is what he says he is.

I do not ignore the context.

I am fearful one or two police officers acted as executioners, rather than our protectors.

I acknowledge they may have acted properly but given what witnesses have thus far described, I am not willing, as you are, to accept their actions up front without question or reservation.

One of the big reasons we do not have the kind of Police you describe the Russians as, is because over a long period of time we have been able to demand a little thing called accountability and not to support the Police in their actions no matter what they do.

Comment

"In films murders are always very clean. I show how difficult it is and
                      what a messy thing it is to kill a man."

"Seeing a murder on television... can help work off one's antagonisms. And if you haven't any antagonisms, the commercials will give you some."

[Alfred Hitchcock]

Comment

Working...
                      X