• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many times have you given blood?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Well kudos to all that donate, & just think if you are A+ then it’s possible that I could have some of your blood in my system (got through about 12 units last year)

Unsurprisingly they don’t want my blood, but on the plus side I have not had a transfusion since February as the drugs seem to be working
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Me, me, me.

Can OCD be passed via blood???
      You are thinking of CJD. Please keep fluffing the thread - it may lead to one more person giving blood.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Hopefully I will already be dead before they try and give me an injection
      Hmmm - maybe I will attend the Leeds meet-up and caome in dressed as a surgeon with a large needle and get everyone to hold you down. Wouldn't that be funny? No? Alright then.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Hmmm - maybe I will attend the Leeds meet-up and caome in dressed as a surgeon with a large needle and get everyone to hold you down. Wouldn't that be funny? No? Alright then.....
        With your knee even the fat bastard that I am I should be able to out run you
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          They said mine was the wrong colour.
          I am sure if any other alien lizards come in wanting blood they will be back to you.

Comment

Had a really crap parkrun this morning. Having been running regularly round the 32 min mark and finally cracked sub-30 minutes last week for the first time, I was almost 35 minutes this week and completely done in (I just had a little afternoon snooze). Suddenly wondered if it could be related to having giving blood on Wednesday.
            Returned to this thread to find out when I last donated (I remembered posting about the chairs) and it was 13 Feb. Looked at my parkrun history - 16 Feb's run was over two minutes slower than the weeks before it. Not exactly conclusive evidence, but I wonder if there's a connection - fewer red blood cells = less oxygen to the lungs and legs, it would make sense...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Had a really crap parkrun this morning. Having been running regularly round the 32 min mark and finally cracked sub-30 minutes last week for the first time, I was almost 35 minutes this week and completely done in (I just had a little afternoon snooze). Suddenly wondered if it could be related to having giving blood on Wednesday.
              Returned to this thread to find out when I last donated (I remembered posting about the chairs) and it was 13 Feb. Looked at my parkrun history - 16 Feb's run was over two minutes slower than the weeks before it. Not exactly conclusive evidence, but I wonder if there's a connection - fewer red blood cells = less oxygen to the lungs and legs, it would make sense...
              Definetly a connection. I was advised to eat loads of iron just before donating due to iron man training. Or I would fail iron test and not be allowed to donate. I was very pleased you mentioned about not donating before surgery - they would not have noticed but it would have made my recovery worse(and surgeon says I have to spend all weekend flat in bed or on sofa - with knee higher than heart. And ice pack. And surgical stockings. And max painkillers. )

I think you should be eating lots more iron before/after donation - brocolli, spinach, steak. But I am no expert .

Have a read of this thread here TriTalk.co.uk :: View topic - Effects of Blood donor sessions on athletes

Usual mix of useful/rubbish posts there - every board has an MF.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                With your knee even the fat bastard that I am I should be able to out run you
                What distance do you want to race over?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  What distance do you want to race over?
                  Lol, my money would be on Brillo even if he's hopping!

Comment

I avoided it for years beause Im not good with needles. Felt guilty about this because I have a friend who gives loads. Eventually one day I spotted a mobile unit in my lunch hour and went in. I passed out so badly it took them half an hour to bring me round and I could hear them debating whether to call an ambulance though I could not move. Note they didnt pour it back in though. The nurses missed their lunch break and when I eventually left they said, with a tight smile, "we don't want to see you again".

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
                      I avoided it for years beause Im not good with needles. Felt guilty about this because I have a friend who gives loads. Eventually one day I spotted a mobile unit in my lunch hour and went in. I passed out so badly it took them half an hour to bring me round and I could hear them debating whether to call an ambulance though I could not move. Note they didnt pour it back in though. The nurses missed their lunch break and when I eventually left they said, with a tight smile, "we don't want to see you again".
                      Hehe, at least you gave it a go!

Comment

Working...
                      X