• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many times have you given blood?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took meself along today. Haven't been for a few months. It's all changed!

No longer do we have beds, we have special chairs - a bit like a giant car baby seat. Was quite handy - you sit in it and they tip you up. Getting on their beds always did my back in.

Mind you, they'd reduced the range of biccies available - I guess they have to pay for the chairs somehow.

http://www.britishdesigninnovation.com/?id=3103

Edit: Our chairs looked like this one
    Last edited by mudskipper; 13 February 2013, 17:50.

Comment

I would.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
        I would.
        I wonder how many people have done it in a blood donating chair.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          I would.
          well she does have an exceedingly large proboscis

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            I wonder how many people have done it in a blood donating chair.
            I knew something was missing off my list!
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

As I am, at present, sitting in the hospital waiting for my blood top up, I will say thanks to all those who donate x
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                As I am, at present, sitting in the hospital waiting for my blood top up, I will say thanks to all those who donate x
                Hope you don't get mine - I forgot to top up the alcohol levels before donating.

Comment

Number 77 today - 3:15pm at the Britannia hotel. I will have to hide my cycle helmet in case they stop me donating.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Number 77 today - 3:15pm at the Britannia hotel. I will have to hide my cycle helmet in case they stop me donating.....
                    I'm pretty sure if you're booked in for an operation within the next couple of months you shouldn't be donating blood.

Comment

None, no one wants my blood. Apparently it is so awesome it would kill a normal human.
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X