• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    Dont get me wrong, Id rather be in the Euro than not. I just dont think it would of stopped the mindless "investing" in houses these past few years, and the subsequent pain the ongoing unwind back 3/4 times salary multiples will cause.
    By itself being in eurozone would not have stopped house bubble, however I think it would have certainly helped slow it down and prevent it from growing so high.

Comment

Su

Don't forget he's 'studied' Economics in the old Soviet Union (one nation, one language, one currency, etc)

Comment

A worthless pound is great news for the UK export industry, manufacturing, heavy engineering, car makers, high tech, space industry, electronics etc.

Oh, I just remembered. WE DON'T HAVE ANY.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Yes. They are slowly but surely becoming the reserve currency, while dollar and pounds are being flushed in the toilet. Short term issues with export will be more than offset by higher demand for euros and greater status of the eurozone - high euro means investing there will earn you some hard currency, not some junk paper.

Based on Germany's temporary boom.

http://www.voxeu.org/index.php?q=node/420
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            A worthless pound is great news for the UK export industry, manufacturing, heavy engineering, car makers, high tech, space industry, electronics etc.

Oh, I just remembered. WE DON'T HAVE ANY.

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Based on Germany's temporary boom.

http://www.voxeu.org/index.php?q=node/420
              Let's take Volkswagen - its CEO is a Dr, he has got no-bull PhD, and who were the directors of Rover? Germans managed miracle - rebuild their economy from ruins and taint of nazism while this country outsourced all that stuff elsewhere, then went education since there is no need for PhDs in this country apart from doing dodgy City risk calculations that never work in a long term.

Comment

Yes. They are slowly but surely becoming the reserve currency, while dollar and pounds are being flushed in the toilet. Short term issues with export will be more than offset by higher demand for euros and greater status of the eurozone - high euro means investing there will earn you some hard currency, not some junk paper.
                FX expertise too. Wow, is there no end to your talents?
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Let's take Volkswagen - its CEO is a Dr, he has got no-bull PhD, and who were the directors of Rover? Germans managed miracle - rebuild their economy from ruins and taint of nazism while this country outsourced all that stuff elsewhere, then went education since there is no need for PhDs in this country apart from doing dodgy City risk calculations that never work in a long term.
                  Don't recycle your tired old ideas ad nauseum. Address the article above. Or this one:

http://voxeu.org/index.php?q=node/287
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    beginning
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                      My young friend, I learnt about inflation of 2100% per annum and value of hard currency while still being in school.

Comment

Working...
                      X