• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC news which isn't doom, boom, houses, immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    I think it's a good idea. Just change the L to a C officially and there will be no need for graffiti in the first place. I think that the town would become much more popular too
    Trouble is the old people would just graffiti the C back into an L. I propose clunt , or maybe dussy or danny.

Comment

Surround the sign with barbed wire ? Or an armed guard ? Remove the sign ?
      Shorten the sign so that there is no space to write an additional C ?
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

There is a town in Southern Germany called W A N K and they get sick of us Brits stealing the entry sign year after year.

Comment

There's a small village (actually smaller than a village) just outside of Ingatestone, near Fryerning, which is called Beggar Hill. Oh what a laugh we had as youngsters by changing the 'e' to a 'u'.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderstuff View Post
            There is a town in Southern Germany called W A N K and they get sick of us Brits stealing the entry sign year after year.
            Not far from there's Tittisee and Wankdorf...(BTW, dorf, if you say it with a dialect sounds like doof which means stupid so basically the people there msut be shaking hands with the one eyed trouser snake something stupidly...)
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderstuff View Post
              I think you are thinking of the Austrian village of F U C K I N G which keeps losing its sign.
              The locals of W A N K are quite relaxed, they even wear shirts with "ich bin ein W A N K E R" writ large upon them.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

There was a young lady from Lunt...
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                X