• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices > Rent = Price fall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Why are you so obsessed with it. You've no vested interest in the whole thing, but can't stop posting on it and seem to be positively creaming your pants at the prospect of a crash.
    I am not obsessed with it. I am merely making consistent observations of this phenomenon known - considering that this issue was not settled (but about to get settled) I see nothing wrong in being consistent.

I'd prefer if crash did not happen because it will affect the economy in a big bad way and will affect people (like me) who had nothing to do with this bubble. That's my preference - however bubbles don't just disappear slowly, they pop, so my posting on this is mere reflection of the reality that is catching up with the UK real estate market.

Comment

Keep theorising in your bedsit. That of course is the best way to get rich, rather than engaging with the messy world out there.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I am not obsessed with it. I am merely making consistent observations of this phenomenon known - considering that this issue was not settled (but about to get settled) I see nothing wrong in being consistent.

I'd prefer if crash did not happen because it will affect the economy in a big bad way and will affect people (like me) who had nothing to do with this bubble. That's my preference - however bubbles don't just disappear slowly, they pop, so my posting on this is mere reflection of the reality that is catching up with the UK real estate market.
        And your view of the very widely-held view that the BoE will cut rates by a further 1% this year is what?
        If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

Are you talking a 50% drop in real terms? If so it is laughable.

If not... kinda pointless as most people wont be effected...

Either way Chicken Little is going to be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by 51st State View Post
            And your view of the very widely-held view that the BoE will cut rates by a further 1% this year is what?
            The Fed cut rates from 5% to almost 2% now, that's a lot more than BoE will ever do. Do you think house prices stopped falling in the USA or maybe US morgage banks dropped their morgage rates accordingly? Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Keep theorising in your bedsit. That of course is the best way to get rich, rather than engaging with the messy world out there.
              I think you confused me with some of your buddies - I want to get rich but only through my work in an honourable way, for you clearly it does not matter but I am not you and I am following my own path, which may or may not lead to big money, but it will certainly prevent me from being the kind of scumbag person that I detest.

Comment

The Fed cut rates from 5% to almost 2% now, that's a lot more than BoE will ever do. Do you think house prices stopped falling in the USA or maybe US morgage banks dropped their morgage rates accordingly? Not at all.
                Repeat after me: we are not the USA.

The repo rate will settle down over the next 12-18 months, and the current tightening of mortgage lending (in terms of both affordability limits, interest rates etc.) will slowly return to "normality".

Then hopefully all you self-important "experts" who think you know the whole economy back to front will f* off back to discussing world of geekcraft liek you should be doing.

Comment

I think you confused me with some of your buddies - I want to get rich but only through my work in an honourable way, for you clearly it does not matter but I am not you and I am following my own path, which may or may not lead to big money, but it will certainly prevent me from being the kind of scumbag person that I detest.
                  draft dodging

Comment

What about your method is so 'honourable'?

I am sure in your many years of study on the finer points of ecenomics you have discovers that the world economy is a closed system with finite money? Therefore the more succesful SKA is, the more you are taking money from other people, how is that any more honourable than a landlord? It is not. You are still taking money legally from the system for you personal benefit. Climb off your high horse.

Comment

Originally posted by 51st State View Post
                      Repeat after me: we are not the USA.

The repo rate will settle down over the next 12-18 months, and the current tightening of mortgage lending (in terms of both affordability limits, interest rates etc.) will slowly return to "normality".

Then hopefully all you self-important "experts" who think you know the whole economy back to front will f* off back to discussing world of geekcraft liek you should be doing.
                      Modeled this have you? Or is this just a guess?

Err, pot calling kettle, pot calling kettle, comms check over.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X