• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linky to Konnie Huq's snatch vid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had intended to spark an intelligent debate on the ethos of the Olympian spirit vs the current political climate in China.
    Ok..I'll bite.

I'm not a member of the People's Party, so I cannot comment on the Chinese political stance.

I'm not a member of the Olympics Committee, nor associated with the Olympics in any way, shape or form, and cannot comment on that side of things either.

Therefore, I don't feel I should have a right to comment on something that I am not a part of.

Happy now ?
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Unbeleivable.

London is taken over by a Chinese goon squad who pushes around our own police force (errm.. police 'service') and all you lot can bang on about is whether you'd like to insert your Olympic torch into this Konnie Huq bint.

Bread and circuses
      Got agree with you there Bogey.

Shocking how this thread veered in the wrong direction.

I'll get it back on track - talk about tasty Bristols!

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/new...news=1&bbcws=1

Sport should transcend all political debate or the Chinese shouldn't be allowed to hold the Olympics because of their awful civil rights track record? Discuss.

Isn't this just the latest band wagon for everyone who feels they have a social conscience to jump on, if they really feel that bad about shouldn't they be manning the ramparts in Tibet rather than writing an irate email in their lunch hour, not saying I'm right just strikes me that this is the latest fashionable cause that will be forgotten about in 5 minutes.
        Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
          Isn't this just the latest band wagon for everyone who feels they have a social conscience to jump on, if they really feel that bad about shouldn't they be manning the ramparts in Tibet rather than writing an irate email in their lunch hour, not saying I'm right just strikes me that this is the latest fashionable cause that will be forgotten about in 5 minutes.
          Yeps, and they'll carry on buying chinese gear in the shops, and the funny thing about these handwringers is they probably buy more chinese stuff in the shops than the average. 'Cause that is just the type of people they are...
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            Unbeleivable.

London is taken over by a Chinese goon squad who pushes around our own police force (errm.. police 'service') and all you lot can bang on about is whether you'd like to insert your Olympic torch into this Konnie Huq bint.

Bread and circuses
            Hey, I showed solidarity with my Tibetan brothers last night, I had a keema jalfrezi instead of chicken fried rice and BBQ ribs. We will bring them to their knees together bogey, you keep up the hand wringing and intellectual whining approach, I will persue the economic assault

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Typical that the IOC is now considering ditching the torch relay in future years. Yeah it's the torch the protesters are so against, not the hosts China.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/7335996.stm

Isn't this just the latest band wagon for everyone who feels they have a social conscience to jump on
              Too true. Many won't even know much about Tibet, like I don't. It just sounds such a nice name for a holiday destination, and there's supposed to be a Llama there?
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Perhaps in 2012 we could use the torch relay to protest against things we're unhappy with, and ask our "comrades" in other countries to do the same.

Things like the total lack of filling in a Ginsters Peppered Steak Slice. You know, things that really matter.

Comment

Is it really the Olympics again already?
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Is it really the Olympics again already?
                    'Fraid so.

The torchy thing is coming past my house, so, I've bought myself one of those huge fan thingies they use in films. This will be positioned in my front garden and just as the local 70 year old 'hero' staggers past, I switch it on.

'tulip, it's gone out!'
                    'Bugger, back to Athens then'

Comment

I thought she was proper ******* fit when I saw her the first time on blue peter!
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X